Windows 10: Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop

Discus and support Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wifi driver is not working repeatedly for the last 3 days. I have to force turn off my laptop and then it works for some reason. But after working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ashish Garg2, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop

My wifi driver is not working repeatedly for the last 3 days. I have to force turn off my laptop and then it works for some reason. But after working for 10 hrs or so it again says can't connect to wifi. I have tried restarting a number of times and in some cases, the wifi tab was not available and only the ethernet cable option was present. Please help me as it's impacting my office work a lot. Laptop Name: ASUS TUF Gaming A17

:)

Ashish Garg2, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Gino Des Win User

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 25, 2023
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop

Laptop now won't connect to Internet

It was the Device manager diagram that I wanted to look at. If you expand Device manager by dragging the bottom border downwards, the whole device list should become visible.

For the avoidance of doubt - I'm not suggesting only reinstalling the WiFi adapter driver if it is newer. Because you are not sure what changes you did when you were trying to use WiFi, reinstalling the driver is worthwhile even if it is the same version as the one you have now. It will ensure that there is nothing to stop WiFi operating whatever changes had been made - so, short of the WiFi key on the keyboard having turned WiFi off, it should work.

If there is still a problem then I suggest posting/reposting the diagrams of:
    - Device manager, Network adapters section
    - Settings, Network, WiFi [If it is there. Otherwise all of Settings, network] But larger than the first version of it -

Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop 335032d1622269497t-laptop-now-wont-connect-internet-lbeck-settings-network.jpg

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop

1. Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop - Similar Threads - Wifi Can't connect

2. Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Can't connect to internet constantly coming on laptop: My wifi driver is not working repeatedly for the last 3 days. I have to force turn off my laptop and then it works for some reason. But after working for 10 hrs or so it again says can't connect to wifi. I have tried restarting a number of times and in some cases, the wifi...
  3. Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet: Hello my laptop suddenly lost wifi, like I can't see it from anywhere. It doesn't appear in settings, taskbar, Network Connection, and device manager. It is working recently and I tried fixing it in different ways. This didn't happen before I updated to windows 11. Can...
  4. Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet: Hello my laptop suddenly lost wifi, like I can't see it from anywhere. It doesn't appear in settings, taskbar, Network Connection, and device manager. It is working recently and I tried fixing it in different ways. This didn't happen before I updated to windows 11. Can...
  5. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi: This one is very strange, at least to me. I have an old Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 10 that cannot connect to the Internet while it's on my home WiFi network. Everything was fine until yesterday morning, when the problem suddenly appeared. I can access everything...
  6. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  7. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  8. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

9. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  10. Laptop home wifi comes up with connected, no internet

Laptop home wifi comes up with connected, no internet: My windows 10 laptop connects to my home wifi network and it shows up with the yellow exclamation mark saying it is connected but has no internet. This only happens to my home wifi as my work wifi connects fine and has internet. My laptop is the only device in my household...