Windows 10: Wifi card stops working randomly.

Discus and support Wifi card stops working randomly. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop for about a year now and am using Windows 10 ver. 10.0.19041 Build 19041. My Wifi Network card is from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rohansingh9001, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Wifi card stops working randomly.

I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop for about a year now and am using Windows 10 ver. 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

My Wifi Network card is from Intel, Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz As listed in device manager.

Lately, my Laptop is unable to connect to my Wifi. Now I have been facing this problem for a few months now, but I was usually able to resolve it by going to Device manager and Rolling back the driver update/disabling-enabling the device/Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for my Wifi card downloaded from the Intel's website.

However each time, this process kept getting more complex and unreliable with me having to reinstall and install drivers multiple times. Disabling and Enabling the device just stopped working at all and I was left with no reliable method to get Wifi working on my device again.

A brief description of what is happening: There is no Wifi symbol in the nearby connections section in the taskbar of Windows 10. Hence I cannot detect and consecutively connect to a Wifi network.

The Wifi works fine and suddenly, I notice I have lost internet connectivity and notice that my Wifi card is not working. This problem does not even need a restart or some other stimuli to start. It just happens randomly while doing normal tasks on the computer.

Ethernet and other methods like Bluetooth/USB tethering work normally.

In device manager, the following error is displayed for the Wifi card:

This device cannot start. Code 10

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

As mentioned above I have already tried a lot of stuff including resetting my Network Settings and run the default windows troubleshooter. None of these produced satisfactory results.

I can be sure that my Wifi card is working alright as it works fine as soon as I boot into my Ubuntu dual boot but does not work on Windows. Also, I have been able to fix this issue by just making software changes before.

Hence out of all of the variables i.e. Windows, Hardware and Linux. It does not work only on Windows. Hence I decided to ask this problem here.

Since this started happening a few months ago, I don't remember properly, however, I can be about 70% sure this started happening after some update, though there could be other reasons.

Writing this question from an Ethernet connection and am still not able to fix it after 3 days offline on Wifi.

Is there a permanent fix to this problem? I am tired of using temporary solutions which work once but don't work again.

Wifi card stops working randomly. 989982cd-46c4-46e7-8447-74ef4892175e?upload=true.png

I have attached an image of how the problem looks like.

Expected results: A Wifi toggle button beside the Airplane mode button and a list of available networks above that.

:)

rohansingh9001, Sep 7, 2020

2. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    Wifi card stops working randomly. [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    Wifi card stops working randomly. [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Wifi adapter randomly stops.

Hello!,

As the title suggests, my wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377) randomly stops working. It is showing a message on device manager saying something like "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." This only started happening after
    updating to Windows 10 1809 update. I can fix the problem by disabling and re-enabling the adapter but seriously, who wants doing that everytime it happens? Can someone give me suggestions on how to fix it permanently?

derpygamer, Sep 7, 2020
  4. TS-11 Win User

Wifi card stops working randomly.

Wifi stops working randomly

Hi,

My wifi stops working randomly as of lately even though I am connected and the internet is working. Other machines, phones and tablet that I have keep working. This is extremely annoying. Only solution is to restart the laptop. Need to do this 2-3 times
    a day. Other solutions suggested by community do not work!

Any help please?

Thanks.

T

TS-11, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Wifi card stops working randomly.

1. Wifi card stops working randomly. - Similar Threads - Wifi card stops

2. wifi stops working at random startups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi stops working at random startups: I recently bought a lenovo loq 15 iax9 and installed win 10 on it, then soon had to update to win 11 after learning that apparently win 10 is not compatible with it sound did not work.i made the update from the Microsoft official page. twice now after turning it on, the wifi...
  3. wifi stops working at random startups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi stops working at random startups: I recently bought a lenovo loq 15 iax9 and installed win 10 on it, then soon had to update to win 11 after learning that apparently win 10 is not compatible with it sound did not work.i made the update from the Microsoft official page. twice now after turning it on, the wifi...
  4. Wifi card not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi card not working?: Cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshooter says that there are issues with the router or access point issues. I’ve already reset my router but nothing. Everything about the wifi card looks good, aswell as the antenna. However, water damage could be a possibltity, as the pc was...
  5. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Randomly Stops Working: About a month ago the wifi adapter in my MSI GF63 8RC Laptop started periodically having an issue where it would show no available networks. When using the automatic troubleshooter in Windows 10 it said "There may be a problem with the driver for your wireless adapter"....
  6. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Randomly Stops Working: About a month ago the wifi adapter in my MSI GF63 8RC Laptop started periodically having an issue where it would show no available networks. When using the automatic troubleshooter in Windows 10 it said "There may be a problem with the driver for your wireless adapter"....
  7. Wifi Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi Adapter Randomly stops working: I have an older laptop computer (9yrs+). My plans are to replace the computer sometime in 2021. For the last 6 to 8 months the Wifi Card has been acting up. Sometimes it last 3 to 4 days before it quits working.1. Sometimes this is what I do to get it to work. Device...
  9. WIFI Card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Card not working: I recently got a M.2 wifi card for my new PC, but no networks are showing. Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-card-not-working/8d1dc0ad-f9cc-43ae-87e7-9642eabf6c45
  10. Laptop Wifi randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Wifi randomly stops working: Hi, I have a HP 14 ba0078 2-in-1 laptop, with 8th gen Intel core i3 and 4 gb RAM Since the past few weeks, my laptop's wifi adaptor has randomly stopped working many times over the course of a day. I have to keep running the troubleshooter and have to reset it back into...