Windows 10: Wifi causing Computer to Stutter

Discus and support Wifi causing Computer to Stutter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So for a while now more than a month my computer has been stuttering under a specific wifi. I know it's this wifi cause whenever I go into a new wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeRaz27, Jan 30, 2021.

1. LeRaz27 Win User

Wifi causing Computer to Stutter

So for a while now more than a month my computer has been stuttering under a specific wifi. I know it's this wifi cause whenever I go into a new wifi signal this doesn't happen, what happens is that my computer will have stutters audio and visual; get network errors when I download something; and will just be slow in general.

The only way to temporarily fix it is to turn off the router and turn it back on, but that's getting annoying.

Is there any way to fix this?

:)

LeRaz27, Jan 30, 2021
  2. HaoForNow Win User

Connected network causing Windows to stutter

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried Safe Mode with no success. I guess I'm not describing it properly by saying it's stuttering, it's more general unresponsiveness with Windows related programs.

In any case, I'm beginning to suspect it's USB related. I do have the latest drivers for my USB WiFi adapter but my problem is that my X58 motherboard is not officially supported on Windows 10. As a result, there aren't any USB drivers available so I've had to use Windows 7 drivers.

That could be causing my problems.

HaoForNow, Jan 30, 2021
  3. DHnMMF Win User
    Music and Videos stutter when playing back

TheVeterans,

Wifi causing Computer to Stutter [​IMG]

Wifi causing Computer to Stutter [​IMG]

One photo is with Wifi on(Bottom) and the other with Wifi off(Top). I see this gives us some info as to what is causing the latency. There is some terminology in here I am not familiar with. What do you think? What is the next step?

DHnMMF, Jan 30, 2021
  4. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Wifi causing Computer to Stutter - Similar Threads - Wifi causing Computer

2. How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I identify the cause of my stuttering on my computer?: When I'm on my computer, after about 2-3 days of it being on. The mouse on the desktop itself will stutter when I move it, and when I play games ill notice FPS stuttering along with it. I had this issue before about 6 months ago and I decided to reformat my computer. Once...
  3. Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter: So i purchased my omen laptop about 6 months ago and had maybe a blue screen here and there and thought nothing of it. Then it happened 3 times in one day so i did a fresh install of windows and it worked for 2 days and then started back up again. I reinstalled my graphics...
  4. Xbox controller causing stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller causing stutter: Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works. Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing I have turned...
  5. Explorer.exe causing stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe causing stutters: Greetings everyone. My explorer.exe is causing some performance issues on my PC. I use it mostly for gaming, but even if I'm browsing on the internet or watching videos my PC will freeze for around 2 seconds every 2-3 minutes. I pinpointed the culprit to be explorer.exe,...
  6. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering: Upon downloading my graphics drivers for my Nvidia Card, nvlddmkm.sys has caused major stuttering and lag. Anyone who can help? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvlddmkmsys-causes-stuttering/6ba3a009-bad8-4d44-b70a-88654df9daf6
  7. Computer Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Stuttering: For the last day or so, my computer has been stuttering constantly. Even just moving the mouse around the screen, it's clearly visible. Videos, programs, games, everything stutters slightly. I have no clue what's causing it. Task manager is showing everything to be fine....
  8. what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what is microsoft.gamingservices and why is it causing my entire computer to stutter all...: i tried the xbox game pass for pc a week or so ago via the microsoft store app and ever since my antivirus has been getting pinged constantly about this gamingservices.exe trying to access it, and ive been getting stuttering and lag from my computer that lines up with the...
  9. Wifi making computer stutter

Wifi making computer stutter: Hey just moved and got new internet and since ive connected my computer has been skipping ( audio and mouse movement). Of course at first i didnt think it was a wifi related issue so I went and downloaded drivers for my video card, checked cpu temps and did a hard drive check...
  10. Wifi making computer stutter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi making computer stutter: Hey just moved and got new internet and since ive connected my computer has been skipping ( audio and mouse movement). Of course at first i didnt think it was a wifi related issue so I went and downloaded drivers for my video card, checked cpu temps and did a hard drive check...