Windows 10: Wifi compatibility is turned off

Discus and support Wifi compatibility is turned off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lenovo G580 laptop i can't turn on my wifi option even i can't click on it .. I already used power management option , device manager for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RohitAttri1, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Wifi compatibility is turned off

I have lenovo G580 laptop i can't turn on my wifi option even i can't click on it ..

I already used power management option , device manager for install and uninstall drivers, mobility option, fn f5 option not working after driver install, network reset option not showing etc Wifi compatibility is turned off 2e9ceaed-d986-4e54-880c-2db433ed1595?upload=true.jpg

:)

RohitAttri1, Mar 13, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Wifi compatibility is turned off

I cannot turn on my wifi!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to fix it.

Please share these details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• What is the error message get while trying to enable wifi?

• What all troubleshooting steps you have tried on the pc?

• Do you have any VPN software installed on the pc?
    I would suggest you to install all pending updates and also update all device drivers including optional updates. Once this is done restart the pc and check the status.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Network adaptor troubleshooter and check if it works:

• Click on Start and enter troubleshooting in the search box.

• Tap or click Troubleshooting.

• Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click
        Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.
    Method 2:

Reinstall the Network driver in compatibility mode

Though you have installed network driver numerous times and it didn’t helped. The issue could have occurred due to the drivers installed not being compatible with Windows

In order to use the drivers which are designed or developed for a different Operating System, we need to install them in compatibility mode. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the network driver:

• Press Windows Key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Right click on the Network adaptor and select
      Uninstall.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below:
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab.

• Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Click OK and run the setup.
    If you have a wifi router connected then reset the router to check if that helps.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Wifi compatibility is turned off

1. Wifi compatibility is turned off - Similar Threads - Wifi compatibility turned

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  4. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  6. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  7. Wifi turns on and off

8. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  9. Compatibility mode - can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compatibility mode - can't turn it off: Hi! I have a question about compatibility mode. Every single game client, or game show me after opening and running the program, that I'm on the compatibility mode. If I look closer to compatibility mode to those programs/games, i see every box unchecked (so no...
  10. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...