Windows 10: WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address

Discus and support WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I came across the following strange problem with windows 10 version 1803 on 2 different laptops, one a Samsung and the other a HP. Both are 64bit. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jan van de Venter, Aug 10, 2018.

1. WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address

I came across the following strange problem with windows 10 version 1803 on 2 different laptops, one a Samsung and the other a HP. Both are 64bit. I setup the wifi with an fix IP address and everything went well for about 2 or 3 days, but then I noticed that the internet connection was lost (I've done this many times before with no problems). The first thing I did was to run troubleshooter and Windows respond that DHCP was not set (Strange, is that the only way to setup wifi?). Although the troubleshooter changed the setup to DHCP and the adapter showed it was connected, there was no network connection. I ran troubleshooter again and no problem was found, but the troubleshooter reset everything and restart the PC. Only then the network connections were restored. I cannot be the routers, because it is two different ISP's with their own modems. As I said I've done this many times in my career which spans over 40 years in the computer industry and this is the first time I come across such a problem in Windows. To me setting up a network on a PC is one of the more elementary tasks there is. I want to know if anyone else experience such a problem?

:)

Jan van de Venter, Aug 10, 2018

2. Not able to configure IP address to access WiFi network

Hi,

I have secured Wifi installed at my work place, where I need to Configure IP address in laptop to access internet / Wifi.

DHCP is not enabled and so automatic IP is not assigned to devices trying to connect to Wifi network.

I want to connect my Lumia 620 in this network, but there is no option to configure IP address to access WiFi network.

Is there any way to configure IP address in Windows Phone 8?

-Nikhil

nikhil2312, Aug 10, 2018
  3. "WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you get an error saying that WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration while trying to connect to the network.

This could occur if there is any discrepancy in IP address configuration.

I suggest that you try the steps suggested in the following link by one of our Forum Moderator, Karthik Vengaloor
    on a similar issue.

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Also refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Hope this will help you. Post us back with the results if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Swifty Win User

WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address

Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address

I've just changed ISP and their supplied router (BT SmartHub) has an IP address of 192.168.1.254 whereas my previous router (ASUS RT-AC87U) was at 192.168.1.1

My Windows 10 PC is configured with a fixed IP address, using 192.168.1.1 and this caused me some head-scratching.

What is the current path (beginning at the Windows "Start" button at the bottom left) to get to the Network Adapter TCP/IP settings?

I went: Settings -> Network & Internet -> Change Adapter Options -> Ethernet -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

I've been configuring fixed IP addresses for several decades, and it always seemed a bit convoluted. But now it seems worse. This might be because I'm gradually forgetting stuff like this, and changing a fixed IP address isn't something I do every day (This PC was setup in 2012)

Swifty, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address

1. WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address - Similar Threads - WIFI configuration fix

2. Find my configuration for ip. Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my configuration for ip. Address: Ethernet does not have a valid ip. address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-configuration-for-ip-address/a647d220-27bc-4cc6-9dd5-90053d8f2fff
  3. Find my configuration for ip. Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find my configuration for ip. Address: Ethernet does not have a valid ip. address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-configuration-for-ip-address/a647d220-27bc-4cc6-9dd5-90053d8f2fff
  4. IP address conflict manual configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP address conflict manual configuration: Hi, We have about 100 players used for signage, with Windows 10 iot, where the IP V4 is configured manually on the computer. As we reboot the computers daily, and very often we get IP address conflict, and the machine is not accessible online anymore! If we restart the...
  5. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on. This is what happened last time. [img] I tried with this disabled Turn...
  6. IP Configuration address

IP Configuration address: How would I find the correct IP Configuration address for my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-configuration-address/87e0e87f-4f02-4b5e-acfd-941a041957ef
  7. manually configure my IP address

manually configure my IP address: I have the option to manually configure my IP address. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-configure-my-ip-address/c289c3ce-d847-4f79-913f-666842b36383
  8. IP address cannot be configured no internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP address cannot be configured no internet: This happened to my desktop computer a few months ago and didn't know what happened. My .Coworker suggested that maybe I needed a new I internet card for it since I wasn't able to access my wireless internet. Today on my laptop it came up and I had something come up and say...
  9. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting...
  10. Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address

Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address: I've just changed ISP and their supplied router (BT SmartHub) has an IP address of 192.168.1.254 whereas my previous router (ASUS RT-AC87U) was at 192.168.1.1 My Windows 10 PC is configured with a fixed IP address, using 192.168.1.1 and this caused me some head-scratching....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 configure fixed ip for wifi

2. windows phone 10 configure ip address