Windows 10: Wifi connect on startup

Discus and support Wifi connect on startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My home wifi is set to connect automatically but when starting up, a whole list of other wifi networks appear which all show that the "connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RayLewis3, Jan 15, 2019.

1. RayLewis3 Win User

Wifi connect on startup

My home wifi is set to connect automatically but when starting up, a whole list of other wifi networks appear which all show that the "connect automatically" box is checked. This seems to cause problems with my PC seemingly unable to connect straightaway. How can I stop this happening please

:)

RayLewis3, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 15, 2019
  3. jfniss Win User
    Wifi doesn't connect on Startup but connects on Restart

Any idea why Windows connects the wifi on a second startup, but not on the first? The wifi connects and works normally when I do an immediate Restart after a cold startup. To me, that indicates a Windows problem--if it can connect the wifi on a Restart, why not on the initial Startup?

jfniss, Jan 15, 2019
  4. wabbles Win User

Wifi connect on startup

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Wifi connect on startup

1. Wifi connect on startup - Similar Threads - Wifi connect startup

2. No WiFi on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WiFi on startup: Whenever I turn on my pc. I check my internet to check if I'm connected, I use eathernet from a repeater and it says "available" instead of my wife name. How do I fix this?...
  3. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  4. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  5. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  7. Wifi does not automatically connect on startup

Wifi does not automatically connect on startup: I currently have my Wi-fi set up to automatically connect to my home network, but I always have to connect manually. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-does-not-automatically-connect-on-startup/9bb8c562-0378-4837-b466-eadb278d947f
  8. WIFI won't connect on startup. Restart and then it works

WIFI won't connect on startup. Restart and then it works: I've just done a fresh install of win 10 pro 64 bit on my sony MCR CR220E and my wifi connection refuses to work when I start the computer. It forever shows connecting and it's set to connect automatically on my home network. Running trouble shooter brings no results. If I...
  9. Windows 10 does not connect to WiFi on startup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not connect to WiFi on startup: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Once you configure WiFi connection on your Windows 10 laptop or a desktop with a WiFi adapter, it is expected that it will automatically connect the next time. However, if you are noticing that Windows 10 does not connect to [...] This post Windows 10 does...
  10. Wifi doesn't connect on Startup but connects on Restart

Wifi doesn't connect on Startup but connects on Restart: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 1607 that I use only once a week for a few hours. Every time I power up for my weekly session, the wifi fails to connect:Pinging 98.139.183.24 with 32 bytes of data:PING: transmit failed. General failure. C:\>ping yahoo.comPing...