Windows 10: wifi connected, but can't access webpages

Discus and support wifi connected, but can't access webpages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can access Comcast email and Google, but can't access any other websites when working remotely on my friend's AT&T wifi. I have used the AT&T wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kimberly4763, Jan 9, 2019.

1. wifi connected, but can't access webpages

I can access Comcast email and Google, but can't access any other websites when working remotely on my friend's AT&T wifi. I have used the AT&T wifi for months with no problems and then it stopped working. No one else has a problem accessing websites. We have rebooted the router, cleared history and cookies, restarted, shut down and completely removed the wifi connection and then reconnected. Nothing works - please help!

:)

Kimberly4763, Jan 9, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Jan 9, 2019
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 9, 2019
  4. karyeowl Win User

wifi connected, but can't access webpages

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

wifi connected, but can't access webpages

1. wifi connected, but can't access webpages - Similar Threads - wifi connected can't

2. Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...: Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have connected to Telstra modem ok and says no internet access. No additional cables connected to Telstra modem. only power lead. Any suggestions?...
  3. Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...: Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have connected to Telstra modem ok and says no internet access. No additional cables connected to Telstra modem. only power lead. Any suggestions?...
  4. Can't access webpage 10.0.0.138 Trying to use old Telstra modem as a wifi extender. Have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't browse webpages or access router configuration when connected to computer via Remote...

Can't browse webpages or access router configuration when connected to computer via Remote...: I'm currently away from my Windows 10 PC which I am connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. I can't seem to be able to access any web pages they keep timing out, but I am able to access local devices on my network i.e. IP Cameras. However, I am unable to load the...
  6. Can't browse webpages or access router configuration when connected to computer via Remote...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't browse webpages or access router configuration when connected to computer via Remote...: I'm currently away from my Windows 10 PC which I am connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. I can't seem to be able to access any web pages they keep timing out, but I am able to access local devices on my network i.e. IP Cameras. However, I am unable to load the...
  7. Accessing webpages

Accessing webpages: I've recently had a problem accessing any webpages from Favorites or when clicking on a link. The problem occurs off and on. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-webpages/4138c09e-fe59-4081-b152-c06ad102ad74
  8. can't access wifi

can't access wifi: dell inspiron 15 laptop I can't on wifi.. ethernet is working. but I cant even on wifi.. I did the troubleshoot thing but still not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-access-wifi/2c9f976b-31e9-4d0f-958a-98c3e4bd7da4
  9. wifi connects but webpage doesnt load

wifi connects but webpage doesnt load: i recently had issues with wifi network adapter , hence i uninstalled nad updated to new version, now i can connect to wifi for only once , but nothing loads from web.once i restart my computer the error "cant connect to this network" appears whenever i try to connect to...
  10. Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages: For the past month or so, my laptop (most often when I've first booted it up) will say I'm connected to the wifi fine, but if I open Chrome I get a time out page and it won't load anything. If I run the network diagnostics tool it never finds anything wrong with my...