Windows 10: WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

Discus and support WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem-- in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DGK75, Sep 24, 2018.

1. DGK75 Win User

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ.

:)

DGK75, Sep 24, 2018
  2. KenGough Win User

5 gHz Wifi

I installed a new Cable Modem Router that has dual band, 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz wifi. Everything works fine on my cell phones but when I connect to the new wifi, my computer does not see the 5 gHz wifi. I am using Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion g6. The computer
    is more than 5 years old. Is there a way to get the computer to recognize the 5 gHz wifi, which is more reliable than the 2.4 gHz?

KenGough, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Lumia 950 can't detect 5 Ghz WIFI

Hi

I had the same issue that my Lumia 950 could not see 5 GHz wifi network.

Found out that Lumia could not connect to 5 GHz wifi with higher 5 GHz Channels. My router had channel 157 as default.

Changed wifi settings of 5 GHz network to use Channel 36 and it works now.

Petr Řádek, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

5 GHZ Wifi

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided on your query, it is possible that your
    network adapter
    or the
    drivers
    you have is outdated. We suggest that you run the
    Network troubleshooter
    and then
    update your drivers.
    To run the troubleshooter, follow the these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue
    persists, Update
    your drivers
    and check the connection. If the update is not available, check your
    manufacturer's website
    for the latest driver updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem-- - Similar Threads - WiFi Connection ghz

2. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency: I can't see the xfinity hot spots using my Lenovo W540. Other devices can see the hot spots, Xfinity says the hot spot exists. My laptop does see some of the available wifis. Xfinity hot spots run on the 5 GHz frequency - the driver on my laptop seems to show only 2.4 GHz...
  3. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency: I can't see the xfinity hot spots using my Lenovo W540. Other devices can see the hot spots, Xfinity says the hot spot exists. My laptop does see some of the available wifis. Xfinity hot spots run on the 5 GHz frequency - the driver on my laptop seems to show only 2.4 GHz...
  4. Wifi driver and 5 GHz frequency

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet connection appearing as 5 GHz

Ethernet connection appearing as 5 GHz: My ethernet connection suddenly appeared as being a 5 GHz connection after a windows update and does not work. I am able to use WiFi but not ethernet. I know it is not the cable as it works on other devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. 5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop

5 ghz wifi not available on my laptop: In available networks my 5 ghz wifi is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5-ghz-wifi-not-available-on-my-laptop/438db6c6-dad7-4704-b3d7-4c744605903d
  7. Cannot connect to 5 GHz

Cannot connect to 5 GHz: I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it should support this but I have no option under the properties tab, only 2.4. I have checked on the command prompt and I...
  8. 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...: I have this problem with every wifi adapter i tried, and on my other PC my current adapter works perfectly. I bought this adapter 3 weeks ago and this problem started 2 days ago, however i had it on previous adapters. Changing the Wireless mod property in device manager to...
  9. Wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update

Wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update: hello I have 2 computers working with 5 Ghz wifi, the first one is working fine, the second the wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update, I have theh fiber normally 500 mbps, but now only 50 mbps on 5 ghz and 150 mbps on 2,4 ghz I have updated the...
  10. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi 5 ghz connection issue: My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slower wifi on 5mhz than 2 4 mhz

2. Troubleshoot Wi-Fi at 5 megahertz

3. 5gz wifi connection problem

4. windows10 5 ghz and 2.4 GHz causing issues ,
  5. dell WiFi Connection Issues: 5Ghz,
  6. 5 mhz wifi problem,
  7. wifi 5ghz does not connect