Windows 10: WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating

Discus and support WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, After the latest Windows 10 update was done February 21st - after which one some system icons were changed, most obviously in the power down menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flee-the-cold, Mar 1, 2020.

1. WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating

Hi,

After the latest Windows 10 update was done February 21st - after which one some system icons were changed, most obviously in the power down menu - it has been twice after my computer powers up again after hibernating, the WIFI connection disappears, and will not be able to come up again until a reboot is done.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 bought in April 2018. Before this Windows 10 update, there was never a WIFI driver related problem. Although what's badly influenced is the Network and Internet, I do consider it a driver related bug. Please fix it ASAP.

Thanks,

Charles

:)

Flee-the-cold, Mar 1, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Mar 1, 2020
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, Mar 1, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating

1. WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating - Similar Threads - WIFI Connection Disappears

2. My Wifi connection disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi connection disappeared: I just got my wifi connection disappeared. Then on the connection adapter, the wifi adapter is also lost. While the device manager is also not found qualcoom driverEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎31/‎01/‎2023 OS build 19045.2604 Experience Windows Feature...
  3. My Wifi connection disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi connection disappeared: I just got my wifi connection disappeared. Then on the connection adapter, the wifi adapter is also lost. While the device manager is also not found qualcoom driverEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎31/‎01/‎2023 OS build 19045.2604 Experience Windows Feature...
  4. My Wifi connection disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate

Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate: After a while, for some reasons, I am experiencing some problems with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernation, the WiFi is not connected. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my WiFi working. Like I...
  6. Failed connection to WiFi after sleep/hibernate

Failed connection to WiFi after sleep/hibernate: After some time for some reasons I am experiencing some issues with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernate the WiFi isn't connected. [ATTACH] Sometimes I should wait couple of minutes to come to life and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my...
  7. Hibernate Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate Disappeared: Ok i know i have to enable it and i did enable it, by choosing the change currently unaivailable settings and i got it at first. it worked. but then it suddenly disappeared . i try to do the same but its not there . i even tried the comman line : powercfg.exe /hibernate on...
  8. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep: My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my previous PC. Is there a setting I can change to make it work?...
  9. No WiFi after hibernate in Windows 10

No WiFi after hibernate in Windows 10: Hello everyone, since some days I have a strange behavior. When start my Notebook after hibernate I don't have WiFi anymore. The device is shown in the network connections: [ATTACH] When I try to connect to a WiFi not a single network appears: [ATTACH] After a...
  10. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...