Windows 10: WiFi connection drop issue

Discus and support WiFi connection drop issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using a USB WiFi adapter to connect my PC to the internet. Whenever I am downloading a heavy file using peer-to-peer sharing, my PC internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AJD112, Apr 13, 2020.

1. /u/AJD112 Win User

WiFi connection drop issue

I am using a USB WiFi adapter to connect my PC to the internet. Whenever I am downloading a heavy file using peer-to-peer sharing, my PC internet connection drops. However, it is not a router/ISP issue as I can still connect to the internet using other devices. If I am downloading a relatively small file using peer-to-peer sharing, then there is no problem. I am on Windows 10 with all the latest drivers. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/AJD112
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AJD112, Apr 13, 2020
  2. kp91 Win User

Acer Aspire V5 wifi connection drops & proximity issue

I am having a weird problem on Windows 10 with my wireless adapter recently. My wifi connections perform very poorly when my laptop is not in line-of-sight with the router. As soon as there is something between my laptop and the router, like when I move to a different room, the throughput starts dropping significantly to a point where my browser gets stuck and the wifi connection gets dropped and I cannot connect to it again until I am back in the same room as the router.

1. This has started happening since I performed a clean install of Windows 10.
    2. This happens only on 2.4 GHz networks. 5 GHz networks work flawlessly.
    3. I have Ubuntu installed natively as a second OS & I don't see this problem there. So i guess my hardware is not at fault here.
    4. I never had such an issue with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 previously.
    5. wifi signal strength is not an issue.

I have tried:

1. different driver versions.
    2. different wifi networks on different routers in different locations with different levels of interference.
    3. changing every available router setting value.
    4. changing every available adapter settings properties.
    5. Google, Windows 10 Feedback app, Microsoft help.
    6. everything else i could think of.

System Info:

Acer Aspire V5-573PG-9610

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 wireless adapter

I have been trying to tackle this issue for over a couple of months now. Has anybody encountered such an issue? Can anybody suggest anything that I might have missed?
    Thanks.

Update: A full PC reset also failed to solve the issue

3. Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Apr 13, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi connection drop issue - Similar Threads - WiFi connection drop

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  4. Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently: HiI had recently updated my laptop PC to version 19043.1083. After update, my connection to the my android phone's hotspot keeps dropping very often. I tried other phones, too. Turning my WiFi adapter on/off didn't solve the problem. Anyone has a...
  5. wifi connection constantly dropped

wifi connection constantly dropped: I have two machines, MSI GT80 SLI. They are configured identically hardware-wise. MSI GT80 One: disk 1: Has dual boot Windows 20H2; disk 2: the previous version of 1909. The 20H2 install has issues with the Killer 1535 wifi card. Constantly drops the connection. The 1909...
  6. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  7. Wifi connection drops on reboot

Wifi connection drops on reboot: When I reboot my Win 10 laptop the wifi connection drops so I have to manually reconnect. How can I maintain the wifi connection when I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-drops-on-reboot/0b25972c-da15-411a-929b-044b6a0d9ace
  8. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  9. Issue with the connection being dropped

Issue with the connection being dropped: Starting yesterday afternoon i have starting getting issues with the internet connection, as i am working using RDP i was getting disconnected every couple of seconds for few seconds which made my work a hard piece to do, I have tried 4 different Wifi's and it was all the...
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wifi drop out and returns with secured and no connection