Windows 10: WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

Discus and support WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stabes, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Stabes Win User

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

Hello,

We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode. So each time on wake up we have to click the "Disconnect" button on our Wifi connection and then the "Connect" button. It's just this one PC in our office that behaves like this. Odd. Running Win10 1809 build 17763.437.

Anyone have any ideas about how we can maintain the WiFi link?

Thanks,

Martin

:)

Stabes, Apr 14, 2019
  2. smaver Win User

WiFi connection dropping and not detecting networks

I am currently facing the next issue in several laptops with Windows 10 and was wondering if anybody could guide me in how to solve it.

Randomly the WiFi connection drops and when you try to manually connect again, no WiFi networks appear available. (I am sure they are up because a laptop just beside this one can see it with no problem)

All laptos are Lenovo.

So far I have tried the following:

• Updating the WiFi adapter drivers to the newest version.
    • Updating the bios.
    • Modifying the energy setting for the laptop and the WiFi adapter so they never go to sleep mode.

What I also have discover is that if you restart Windows 10 WLAN service, the WiFi networks show up again.

My question is: How could I find out what is causing this issue?

Thank you very much.

smaver, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 14, 2019
  4. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

Windows 10 wifi connects only after sleep mode awakening

I have a specific problem. After installing Windows 10 when I start my laptop wifi adapter finds networks but despite this it won't connect to any of found with "can't connect to this network" error. Solution is to go into sleep mode and awake laptop.
    So instead of one step - to start Windows, I need to do 3 steps - to start windows, to sleep it and then to wake it. So it can hardly be called a solution.

P.S. Everything worked fine on Windows 7.

Alexander Joya, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

1. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode - Similar Threads - WiFi connection dropped

2. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  3. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  4. Wifi in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi in sleep mode: How do I keep wifi on when the laptop is in sleep mode? I am using windows 10 Home 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-in-sleep-mode/50e727f8-df52-4772-9de6-d9cfca13608e
  5. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  6. WIFI Connection drops everytme Windows comes out of sleep mode.

WIFI Connection drops everytme Windows comes out of sleep mode.: Why does my lenovo B40, Windows 10 laptop continue to disconnet from my WIFI everytime it comes out of sleep mode? I have to reboot every time in order to reestablish the WIFI connection because Micorsofts troubleshooting program can't fix it....
  7. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...
  8. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  9. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...