Windows 10: WiFi Connection drops after MAC ID change

Discus and support WiFi Connection drops after MAC ID change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently changed my wifi Mac Id using Technetium as my original ID got blocked. I had to reinstall the drivers and restart the PC to get the Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alekhka, Nov 24, 2015.

1. alekhka Win User

WiFi Connection drops after MAC ID change

I recently changed my wifi Mac Id using Technetium as my original ID got blocked. I had to reinstall the drivers and restart the PC to get the Network card working. But that it is fine, the Wifi connection disconnects every 5 minutes or so. Please help me in this regard. I have a Broadcomm 802.11n adapter Driver version: 7.35.290 dated 6/07/2015.

Please help...

:)

alekhka, Nov 24, 2015

2. wifi is not working on WINDOWS 8 Nokia LUMIA 720

Hi Team,

In my new LUMIA 720 Wi-Fi is not getting connect , we have two kind of WIFI connections in office

1. Without MAC binding , only user id/password authentication : this kind of connection is connecting

2 . With MAC binding (We have bind the user phone's MAC id in WIFI device) Once mac binded it will authenticate the and ask user name password : in this case in my phone its asking credentials but after enter its not taking.

I believe that I need to update some patches.

Kindly suggest me to solve the issue at the earliest.

Regards.

Manik

manikandashankar, Nov 24, 2015
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    Lumia 550 Wi-Fi - intermittent connection

Update: After changing my router settings it took 2 days until wifi dropped again, and refused to connect back - not until reboot.

Other 550 I tried also refused to connect back after drop but here's.what happened: I turned on mobile hotspot then turned it off and sometime after that it connected back to wifi.

However wifi bug is serious issue. Every wifi I have connected it's the same . And once it drops one wifi it refuses to connect any other wifi until reboot.

ArmaRayo, Nov 24, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

you should try to reset defaults on the router.

overall i wouldnt use any tools to change the MAC addr just cause of these sort of problems.

batlhilz, Nov 24, 2015
  5. alekhka Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I can't do anything to the router as i use campus wifi. My MAC addrs. got blocked. This was the only way out!!!

Thanks

alekhka, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Since your MAC address gotten blocked, that means you are not suppose to be accessing the WiFi. To help you is a breach of forum rules.

Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

logicearth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi Connection drops after MAC ID change - Similar Threads - WiFi Connection drops

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. Problem with the WiFi connect after installing Bootcamp on Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with the WiFi connect after installing Bootcamp on Mac: I just installed Windows on mac, everything works fine except when I try to connect to the internet nothing showed up, also tried it with my hotspot which did not work at all. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goodguymute [link] [comments]...
  4. wifi drops connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  5. Wifi connection drops on reboot

Wifi connection drops on reboot: When I reboot my Win 10 laptop the wifi connection drops so I have to manually reconnect. How can I maintain the wifi connection when I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-drops-on-reboot/0b25972c-da15-411a-929b-044b6a0d9ace
  6. WiFi connection drop issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection drop issue: I am using a USB WiFi adapter to connect my PC to the internet. Whenever I am downloading a heavy file using peer-to-peer sharing, my PC internet connection drops. However, it is not a router/ISP issue as I can still connect to the internet using other devices. If I am...
  7. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  8. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode: Hello, We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode. So each time on wake up we have to click the "Disconnect" button on our Wifi connection and then the "Connect" button. It's...
  9. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...
  10. MAC Address, MAC ID

MAC Address, MAC ID: Anyone know where I can find my MAC address or MAC ID? I have a Microsoft HP Laptop/touchscreen with Windows 10 and I need the MAC address, Where do I go to find out that information???...