Windows 10: wifi connection fully working windows thinks I am not connected

Discus and support wifi connection fully working windows thinks I am not connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, So the internet is working but on the tray, it displayed as not connected to any wifi network. It wouldn't really bother me as long as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mate Olah, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mate Olah Win User

wifi connection fully working windows thinks I am not connected

Hi there,

So the internet is working but on the tray, it displayed as not connected to any wifi network. It wouldn't really bother me as long as the internet is working, but unfortunately, the system cannot be updated because it thinks I am not connected...

I reinstalled the driver of wifi adapter also did all the basic troubleshooting /release /renew ip config etc.. didn't work.

Thank you for your help in advance!

:)

Mate Olah, Sep 7, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 7, 2018
  3. simrick Win User

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 7, 2018
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to Network sharing centre, click Change Adapter settings, right click Wi-Fi and disable it, reboot and enable it, might work. If you still find it difficult to get the connection working, let us know the Wi-Fi card make and the driver you have at the moment.

brummyfan, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. wifi connection fully working windows thinks I am not connected - Similar Threads - wifi connection fully

2. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  3. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  4. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am: Settings tells me I am connected to the internet but for some reason windows 10 up to date does not think I am. So far I cannot find a fix even used Geeks but nothing fixes. Below is the error message I get when attempting to use the feedback process....
  6. Windows 10 says there is no wifi connection but I am connected.

Windows 10 says there is no wifi connection but I am connected.: Hello you all. Well, I am connected to my wifi but the wifi "no available network" icon appears on my desktop. It says that there is no connection but I can use my wifi normaly. If I go to the network adapters via control panel, the adapter IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165,...
  7. Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.

Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.: My problem is twofold: the first issue is that lately adjusting the volume on my PC works when playing through the monitor speakers, but not when using headphones. I saw the recommendation to use the windows troubleshooter, which is when I hit my second snag: The network...
  8. I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?: I am connected and it sais no internet connection? And when i trouble shoot i get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" and i cant remember what i did but i reset some wifi things from my wifi. submitted by /u/BigBrainViktor [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am: Windows thinks im not connected to the internet but i am. I can browse the internet, download games, watch videos but anything to do with windows it tells me im not connected. Ive tried everything to fix it but with no luck, nothing has fixed it. Its finally start to get...
  10. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connected to wifi but windows thinks it isnt