Windows 10: WiFi Connection Issues: Windows 10 Update + Qualcomm QCA461x4

Discus and support WiFi Connection Issues: Windows 10 Update + Qualcomm QCA461x4 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Deep breath here...and apologies for the detail Yoga 710 141KB Qualcomm QCA461x4 WiFi/Bluetooth chipset. Driver 12.0.0.722 Home Network consists of 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jpball, Sep 4, 2019.

1. jpball Win User

WiFi Connection Issues: Windows 10 Update + Qualcomm QCA461x4

Deep breath here...and apologies for the detail

Yoga 710 141KB
    Qualcomm QCA461x4 WiFi/Bluetooth chipset. Driver 12.0.0.722
    Home Network consists of 2 routers: Xfinity 2.4/5 and Netgear WNDR4000 2.4/5

Coincidence? Everything has been running just fine for months/year until the recent Windows Migration Update 1903. Following the update, I am frequently unable to see all of my available networks; often unable to connect to my 2.4gHz networks or connections to my 2.4gHz networks are abhorrently slow (circa 150kbps vs historical 40-100Mbps. 5gHz networks all perform satisfactorily (circa 350Mbps)

What have I checked?
    - WiFi adapter was migrated and restarted with the Update
    - Rebooted all routers
    - Confirmed other devices connect and perform on all available wireless networks
    - All MSFT Windows 10 updates. Current Build 8362.329
    - Qualcomm driver is up to date
    - WLAN report confirms "WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network"

Network Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter
    Interface GUID: {174c33f5-8d51-4a13-be43-71f314403905}
    Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile
    Profile Name: WhitneyNew2.4
    SSID: WhitneyNew2.4
    BSS Type: Infrastructure
    Failure Reason: The driver disconnected while associating.
    RSSI: 255

Or....

Wireless security failed.

Local MAC Address: 94:E9:79:F7:60:49
    Network SSID: whitney2
    Peer MAC Address: A0:21:B7:73:F3:F1
    Reason: Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time
    Error: 0x0

Wireless security stopped.

Local MAC Address: 94:E9:79:F7:60:49
    Network SSID: whitney2
    Security Hint: PSK mismatch suspected

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network.

Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile
    Profile Name: whitney2
    SSID: whitney2
    Reason: The network is disconnected by the driver

I will take any advice or assistance offered!

Thank you,
    John

:)

jpball, Sep 4, 2019

2. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Issues

I have a Asus X551C with the dreaded Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG WiFI card. It drops the internet every 5 minutes or so since I was automatically updated to Windows 10. How do I fix it? I am pretty dumb when it comes to networking issues so the easiest
    step by step fix would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help.

jmarks1660, Sep 4, 2019
  4. WiFi Connection Issues: Windows 10 Update + Qualcomm QCA461x4

Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver for windows 10

Hi Stone Chen,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error when you try to run the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver?

• Did you try to install the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
      Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

You may try to update the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver and check the functionality of the driver.

Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

First, I suggest you to uninstall the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Device manager.

• Locate the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver from the list of drivers available in Device manager.

• Right click on the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Click OK (if any dialog box prompted)
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
    Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode and check the functionality of the driver.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
      driver setup file and click on Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      and select previous Operating System from the drop down. (Windows 7/8/vista/xp/other Windows as you prefer).
    • Click on Apply and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Connection Issues: Windows 10 Update + Qualcomm QCA461x4

1. WiFi Connection Issues: Windows 10 Update + Qualcomm QCA461x4 - Similar Threads - WiFi Connection Issues

2. Wifi not available, qualcomm atheros QCA9377 is hidden and not connected. Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not available, qualcomm atheros QCA9377 is hidden and not connected. Windows 10...: My laptop, ASUS S410U always has a problem with the wifi. It won’t show up. I’ve tried uninstall, reinstall the qualcomm atheros at first. It worked, but after sometime, the device is gone. When i checked the hidden device, it is there and the status is the device not...
  3. Windows 10 - Wifi Connectivity Issues

Windows 10 - Wifi Connectivity Issues: Hi Team, I recently have had issues with WiFi connectivity on my PC. My computer is connected to WiFi, but crashes upon attempting to connect to another network. I am on the latest version of Windows 10, and also have installed DriverFix to verify no network drivers are...
  4. WIFI connectivity issue on Windows 10

WIFI connectivity issue on Windows 10: About 4 days ago I couldnt connect to my wifi. I tried every single method available on websites. Network Reset,uninstalling drivers,updating them,downloading apps to update the and all others but still can not connect to my wifi. It just says couldnt connect to this network....
  5. wifi connection issues-windows 10

wifi connection issues-windows 10: has anyone found a permanent fix for the issue of interrupted or non existent wifi connection? i know its a common problem with windows 10 after an update sometime this year (2019). i have tried everything, i do manage to connect after about 30 minutes of unbelievable...
  6. Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi

Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi: My Qualcomm Atheros driver disappeared once again from my ASUS X507U. Last time it happened was last night and it happened tonight around 7pm. I tried reinstalling the Qualcomm driver that was recommended to me in my previous post but now, it doesn't work....
  7. Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection

Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection: Today, I am using a X507U Asus Laptop with Windows 10. The WiFi connection was perfectly fine just hours ago but now I can't connect to my WiFi although other devices like my phone and another laptop is unaffected by this loss. As I try to do the device manager solution, I...
  8. Windows 10 Wifi connectivity issue

Windows 10 Wifi connectivity issue: Hi all @community After the most recent update, I began having a lot of trouble with our home wifi network. The laptop I will be mentioning will be the Lenovo Y520. I have no hassle trying to connect to my wifi on all other devices, and I have left all my router settings...
  9. Windows 10 Wifi connection issue

Windows 10 Wifi connection issue: I have a laptop and computer with windows 10 installed on both of it. Since my pc doesn't have wifi i purchased a tp-link archer t2u wifi adapter. But in computer when i put password of wifi it shows wrong password. Once it got connected but the connection was showing limited...
  10. Wifi connectivity issues in Windows 10

Wifi connectivity issues in Windows 10: I updated my Dell Inspiron 15(3521) from Windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days back. Wi-fi connectivity shows limited. But the ethernet works fine. Please help me on this. I get the following error message upon troubleshooting. "The connection between your access point,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 12.0.0.722

2. yoga 710 wifi error 43

3. asus x55ic steadily drops wifi

4. qualcomm qca61x4a 1903,
  5. why hasnt qualacomm issued a new wifi driver compatiable with windows 10 1903