Windows 10: WiFi Connection Issues

Discus and support WiFi Connection Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I'm at home, my Dell Inspiron 5759 does not connect to my home WiFi network, but all other devices in the house do. When I'm on the road it also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rhodesmk, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:47 PM.

1. rhodesmk Win User

WiFi Connection Issues

When I'm at home, my Dell Inspiron 5759 does not connect to my home WiFi network, but all other devices in the house do. When I'm on the road it also will not connect to the hotel WiFi network. My network icon in the task bar is a globe, instead of the typical WiFi icon.

HOWEVER, if I use my Galaxy Note8 as a hot spot, the PC connects just fine...albeit much slower than I'd like.

I've checked the Device Manager to see if any drivers are having issues...no little yellow flags on any driver.

I also opened the "Dell Update" app on the computer, let is scan all the drivers, and it found no issues, and said they were all up to date.

I'm at a loss...where do I go from here btw...my extended warranty expired end of November...this all started Sunday, right after a Windows update..figures, right?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

4. WiFi Connection Issues

Wifi No Connectivity Issues

Hi Evan,

We'll definitely help you with the issue you're experiencing with your WiFi connection in Windows 10.

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Have you tried refreshing your WiFi modem and still got the same result?
    • Are all your drivers up-to-date? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, you can check this link for guidelines on how to repair network connection issues in Windows

Also, can you try uninstalling the WiFi adapter, then restart the computer? This will automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know what happens after the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:49 PM
Thema:

WiFi Connection Issues

1. WiFi Connection Issues - Similar Threads - WiFi Connection Issues

2. Issues with wiFi connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with wiFi connection.: For more than a year an occasional issue appears and prevents me from connecting to the net. The Wifi options would fail to connect to the desired network, after three tries the menu would close and remain that way as if switched off. The menu would then refuse to...
  3. Wifi connectivity issue

Wifi connectivity issue: My pc has an issue from last two years. It cannot connect to WiFi network until I, restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connectivity-issue/3169f5ef-8d70-48ff-bbc3-5a2376184dab
  4. wifi connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi connectivity issue: i have windows 10 and my laptop is not recognizing my home wifi but is properly connecting to my mobile hotspot and work wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connectivity-issue/f9ab8094-010c-4e5e-a68c-cd80f38d4713
  5. wifi connectivity issue.

wifi connectivity issue.: Since the last feature update my Toshiba satellite C855D-S5230 won't connect to my wifi network. Diagnostics show the network up an running (tablet and phones work fine), but I need the ethernet cord to connect from my pc. Is this a known problem that a fix will soon be...
  6. connect issues wifi

connect issues wifi: my Wi-Fi doesn't connect automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-issues-wifi/46a4e82b-559d-492c-9c93-0352f90d6387
  7. Wifi connection issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi connection issues: So I have a problem, a few days ago I downloaded Pulse Secure. I have now uninstalled it and my wifi is nonexistent. The Icon has disappeared, not only has the wifi icon gone but the adapter options have got red Xs in front of them. I have only airplane mode. The network...
  8. WiFi connection issue

WiFi connection issue: So when i goto home from this evening my lenovo ideapad 330 wouldnt connect to the internet. I have tried every single thing i couls think of and every single thing i found online with in my ability and nothing is working the troubleshooting jusy says that my adapter isnt...
  9. wifi hotspot connection issues

wifi hotspot connection issues: my issue is with the WiFi hotspot connectivity, other devices say its has IP address configuration failure when they try to connect to my pc hotspot how can I solve this issue correctly...
  10. WiFi connection issues

WiFi connection issues: Hey guys, Trying to help my Mother in law and I'm at my wits end. I don't pretend to have even a 10th of the know-how of some people here but I typically can trouble shoot minor issues. That being said I'm stumped... My MIL's computer is a yoga 2 11" running Windows 10....