Windows 10: Wifi Connection Issues

Discus and support Wifi Connection Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am trying to connect to my 5GHz wifi signal, but my "Available Networks" only show the 2.4GHz... The only other device connected to the 5G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tenebris666, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Wifi Connection Issues

Hello,I am trying to connect to my 5GHz wifi signal, but my "Available Networks" only show the 2.4GHz... The only other device connected to the 5G signal is my phone, which is right next to me, so I know it's not an issue with the router or the signal... I have manually entered the network into my "Known Networks" section of the settings with the SSID and WPA2 password, but it still will not connect. I also know it is not a "Network Discovery" issue as it picks up about 30 other networks in my neighborhood. Is this just an incompatibility with the network and my computer? Or have I just overlo

:)

Tenebris666, Jul 27, 2022

2. connection Issue with WiFi

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as the Wi-Fi connection on your PC drops. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article and check:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

If the issue persists, then refer the steps as mentioned in these article:
    Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Also, we would suggest you to update the Wi-Fi driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 27, 2022
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 27, 2022
  4. Wifi Connection Issues

Wifi No Connectivity Issues

Hi Evan,

We'll definitely help you with the issue you're experiencing with your WiFi connection in Windows 10.

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Have you tried refreshing your WiFi modem and still got the same result?
    • Are all your drivers up-to-date? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, you can check this link for guidelines on how to repair network connection issues in Windows

Also, can you try uninstalling the WiFi adapter, then restart the computer? This will automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know what happens after the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

Wifi Connection Issues

1. Wifi Connection Issues - Similar Threads - Wifi Connection Issues

2. Wifi connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection issue: My phone & ps4 are connected to our home wifi & it’s working fine, but my laptop is connected & saying there’s no internet. I’ve restarted the router, restarted my laptop, ‘forgotten’ & reconnected to the wifi & still no internet connection. Is there anything else I can do?...
  3. Wifi connecting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connecting issue: Hi everyone,I'm facing terrible wifi connecting issue. Sometimes my laptop can not connect to wifi and when I run my windows 10 troubleshooting tools. It would be fixed within 30 seconds and it says 'the default getaway is not available. However, sometimes just 1 minute...
  4. WiFi connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection issues: I have a laptop still running on Windows 10 and about a week ago I had a update come through. Since then I have been having issues connecting to my WiFi router, the laptop pick up the WiFi but when I try and connect it seems to connect and then says "no internet" and just...
  5. WiFi/Connectivity Issues

WiFi/Connectivity Issues: I own a Surface Book 3 and have had it for almost a year. I wanted to love it so much, but all I feel is annoyed and frustrated. It worked great the first 13 days that I had it, and then, right after the 14 day return period, the wifi issues, color, and heating issues...
  6. WiFi connection issue

WiFi connection issue: I have been having issues connecting to the internet on my laptop. This is what comes up each time I try to troubleshoot the network. I have tried all sorts by going into the settings of this adapter, it doesn’t appear to need an update but I am concerned that it actually...
  7. Wifi Connectivity Issues

Wifi Connectivity Issues: I have two similar lenovo yoga 2 laptops. Since they are old, I bought a similar wifi adapter to each. Then I bought a secondary router since I am not satisfied with what my modem/router is doing. Whenever I connect to the 5G, both can connect to the 5g of my modem/router...
  8. WiFi Connection Issues

WiFi Connection Issues: When I'm at home, my Dell Inspiron 5759 does not connect to my home WiFi network, but all other devices in the house do. When I'm on the road it also will not connect to the hotel WiFi network. My network icon in the task bar is a globe, instead of the typical WiFi icon....
  9. Wifi connectivity issue

Wifi connectivity issue: My pc has an issue from last two years. It cannot connect to WiFi network until I, restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connectivity-issue/3169f5ef-8d70-48ff-bbc3-5a2376184dab
  10. wifi connectivity issue.

wifi connectivity issue.: Since the last feature update my Toshiba satellite C855D-S5230 won't connect to my wifi network. Diagnostics show the network up an running (tablet and phones work fine), but I need the ethernet cord to connect from my pc. Is this a known problem that a fix will soon be...