Windows 10: WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

Discus and support WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 (64 bit, build 1903 and build 1809 before that) occasionally drops my router's WiFi. This is on a Thinkpad X1. I can recover in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bertilak, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bertilak Win User

WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

Hello,

Windows 10 (64 bit, build 1903 and build 1809 before that) occasionally drops my router's WiFi. This is on a Thinkpad X1. I can recover in a couple of ways:

1. Run the network troubleshooter which resets the adapter and thereby brings back the network.
    2. Manually disconnect (by temporarily selecting a different connection) and reconnect.

Those steps both kept the WiFi connection up for several hours to a day or so. This was a big problem earlier but doing a Network Reset seems to have fixed it -- no more dropped WiFi!

Now it has happened again! I note that it happened when I had inadvertently left my laptop unplugged. It had dropped to 46% battery which doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

No other wireless devices in my home have this problem.

Google turns up a bunch of "solutions" for this but all of them point me to settings that don't exist on my system!

Does anyone have any advice?

***Original title: WiFi Disconnects***

:)

Bertilak, Jul 23, 2019

2. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting

Hey, guys, so I go to college and I use my school's Wifi. My roommates don't have this problem so it's just me. Whenever it disconnects, I go to the Network and Sharing Center to diagnose it. When I diagnose it, it fixes it and I get this (attached an image). But after awhile, it will disconnect so I will have to repeat this process multiple times a day. Can anybody help?Thanks.
    WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using [​IMG]

jonathanhov, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    wifi connection was keep on disconnecting

Hi,

Wrong configuration network settings or outdated network adapter drivers may be the possible reasons why your Wi-Fi connection keeps disconnecting. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi? Does it also disconnect?
    • Have you tried checking if you're having an intermittent Internet connection?
    • Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot network connection. This will let you run Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, update the network adapter driver or use network reset to reinstall network devices.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 23, 2019
  4. vaxevanos Win User

WiFi keeps getting disconnected

Man do this steps one of that works for 99%

1)can your machine connects to another wifi network
    if yes restart or reset your router after that go to your settings and click forget your wifi network as you can see in the picture and try to conect from start
    WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using [​IMG]

2)if you cant conect anywhere then burn an ubuntu live cd,boot form ther and check if you are be able to concet in your wifi from here .if yes,then you have a software problem with windows,your settings or whatever it is and you need to unistall your drivers and make all windows updates for your machine .
    if no then probably your wlan card is dead unscrew your laptop and check if the wifi_card is hot if yes try to find another wifi card or buy a usb wlan card as i did when i have this problem for me this works fine Wifi Dongle, HOMORE Wifi adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band (2.4G/150Mbps+5.8G/433Mbps) Wireless USB Network Adapter/Antenna for Desktop/Laptop/PC, Support Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista Mac Os:Amazon.co.uk:Computers & Accessories

vaxevanos, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using - Similar Threads - WIFI connection keeps

2. wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi: I bought the Redmibook 15 laptop wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi In my device powermanagement mode is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-while-using-the-wifi/0b0b0b43-80e0-40b6-9094-fb937d70a6d5
  3. wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi: I bought the Redmibook 15 laptop wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi In my device powermanagement mode is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-while-using-the-wifi/0b0b0b43-80e0-40b6-9094-fb937d70a6d5
  4. wifi keeps disconnecting while using the wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting: Hi all,I am trying to use Windows to bridge my wifi connection to non wifi devices. I have successfully setup the bridge in Network Connections. However, the wifi only stays connected for a few seconds before it disconnects everything is working as expected, with wired...
  6. Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting: Hi all,I am trying to use Windows to bridge my wifi connection to non wifi devices. I have successfully setup the bridge in Network Connections. However, the wifi only stays connected for a few seconds before it disconnects everything is working as expected, with wired...
  7. WiFi and Bluetooth keeps disconnecting after a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Bluetooth keeps disconnecting after a while: So I've been having a weird issue with my WiFi, it keeps disconnecting after a while. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and checked the router too, but the issue still persists. I've attached the diagnostic report below. Some help on solving this issue is appreciated.The...
  8. WiFi keeps disconnecting after a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi keeps disconnecting after a while: So I've been having a weird issue with my WiFi, it keeps disconnecting after a while. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and checked the router too, but the issue still persists. I've attached the diagnostic report below. Some help on solving this issue is...
  9. Two wifi connections keep disconnected

Two wifi connections keep disconnected: i have two WiFi connection and i use to combine them: 1- if i connect using 2 WiFi the windows keeps disconnecting from 1 and let 1 to run 2- can't combine them because windows don't let you use 2 connections that's unfair really because i have low speed connection 3- why...
  10. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting

Wifi connection keeps disconnecting: Hey, guys, so I go to college and I use my school's Wifi. My roommates don't have this problem so it's just me. Whenever it disconnects, I go to the Network and Sharing Center to diagnose it. When I diagnose it, it fixes it and I get this (attached an image). But after...