Windows 10: Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Discus and support Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cathyharmon1, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has dropped while I was actively using the computer, but I can step away for a few minutes and come back and have to reconnect.

Power management has been checked and that isn't it. I searched for update for driver and it says the best driver is already installed. Can't find anything that seems relevant.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

cathyharmon1, Oct 1, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2018
  3. ljcoogan Win User
    WiFi is Randomly Dropping

Hello

My router is the Horizon box provided by my ISP (UPC) and has been working fine for the last two years. My HP laptop has been working fine for the two years I've owned it. However, about two weeks ago the laptop has started randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. The drops used to be few and far between, but now happen about once every thirty seconds and last for about a minute before the connection starts working again. During this time Windows 10 says that I am still connected, even though the internet isn't working.

I ran Windows Network Diagnostics and received the error message 'The remote device or resource won't accept the connection'. Upon clicking more details, it informed me that 'The device or resource (wpad.net) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)"'.

I'm running a fully up-to-date 64bit Windows 10 Creators Update. My WiFi card is a Realtek RTL8723BE and has the latest driver. I've disabled "Automatically detect settings" in the proxy section in the settings as many sites suggested, but it hasn't fixed the issue.

My HP laptop is the only device I own that has this issue. I'm typing this on my phone, which works fine.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

ljcoogan, Oct 1, 2018
  4. jscarano Win User

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Wifi keeps dropping after Creators update

Computer did automatic update to Creators update 2 days ago and ever since my wifi keeps dropping internet every 5-10 mins randomly. I cant find any updated drivers for my laptop. I am using Toshiba C55T-A5102 with a realtek RTL8188EE wireless lan . I have disabled the wireless lan , uninstalled the the wifi card and reinstalled in device manager, rebooted router, but still it drops randomly. Any tips would be great . Thanks

jscarano, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

1. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping - Similar Threads - Wifi connection keeps

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  4. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  5. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  6. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Weird WiFi connection drops at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird WiFi connection drops at random: I'm getting these weird WiFi drops that happen randomly. I'm almost positive it's my pc's fault. One minute it'll be fine, then all of a sudden pages stop loading and after a minute or so the WiFi icon in the bottom right changes to "connected, no internet" I can usually fix...
  8. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  9. Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection

Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection: Dear all, I generally have good WiFI connection, but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet, which provides me with WiFI in our working space. No problems here. I have been noticing that on my laptop, when I sit in the living space, my...
  10. WiFi is Randomly Dropping

WiFi is Randomly Dropping: Hello My router is the Horizon box provided by my ISP (UPC) and has been working fine for the last two years. My HP laptop has been working fine for the two years I've owned it. However, about two weeks ago the laptop has started randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. The...