Windows 10: wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

Discus and support wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesEricson2, Jan 9, 2021.

1. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it by " reset the wireless network connection adapter" . That give me my wifi for maybe 45 sec, then the connection is lost and it has to be reset again. The adapter is a ASUS usb-N13 300Mbps 11n adapter . Do I need a new one, if so, why?

:)

JamesEricson2, Jan 9, 2021
  2. rob1618 Win User

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Jan 9, 2021
  3. No WiFi availablities after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 on my HP laptop

After upgrading my HP laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the WiFi manager no longer lists available broadband connections which was previously working before since I was able to access the Win10 upgrade via the broadband connection. The Hot Spot is working
    fine and is listed correctly using my other Win 10 and UBUNTU based Toshiba laptops. Nothing I try will cause the available WiFi's to list as it did previously before upgrading to Win 10. I have tried everything, but the WiFi manager does not recognize any
    WiFi connections available. The HP laptop is properly showing the WiFi light turning to the blue color from orange as normal but it sees no available connections.

jamesmrivers, Jan 9, 2021
  4. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

Upgraded tablet to Win 10 & lost wifi network connection

I have several Motion Computer tablets which were Win 7 Pro. Upgraded 1st tablet to Win 10 without a hitch. Slow, but worked. Got it opened and realized one of the CL900 original programs was not compatibled with Win 10 - Exo. Used Task Manager to shut
    down and rebooted, only to discover my wifi connection is gone. Win 10 deleted the driver. I have 2 other Motion Computer tablets, CL900 and CL910. Is there a way I can revert the wifi driver back to Win 7 driere, or manually force Win 10 to accept a driver
    from a USB?

CharlesLippincott, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

1. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10 - Similar Threads - wifi connection lost

2. lost wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost wifi connections: i cannot connect to any wifi and when using help it says you're connected using a virtual network adapter that we cant trust.???i am not connected at all and it will not find any connections but my wifes laptop will.ThanksMatt...
  3. lost wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi connections: i cannot connect to any wifi and when using help it says you're connected using a virtual network adapter that we cant trust.???i am not connected at all and it will not find any connections but my wifes laptop will.ThanksMatt...
  4. WiFi lost after upgrading Laptop from Win7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi lost after upgrading Laptop from Win7 to Win 10: Has anyone else lost their WiFi after upgrading to Win10 from Win7 on an HP laptop? I can't turn Wifi on with the F12 key anymore - using Ethernet for now...
  5. Lost WiFi icon after upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost WiFi icon after upgrade: How can this Surface product suddenly lose its Wifi icon...tried all sorts of suggestions from Microsoft Customer Support (escalated to Level 2). Each time they call me, they didn't seem to have read up the notes, because they all ask me to try suggestions from the beginning...
  6. WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi doesn't work after win 10 upgrade: I know there have been many posts about this. I have tried updating the wireless driver, removing it and reinstalling it, changing the power setting to always on, removing my anti virus, etc. - basically everything that has been posted I have tried. My wifi will work for...
  7. Connection to WiFi lost

Connection to WiFi lost: Hi, I am no longer able to connect to my WiFi connection at home with my laptop. My WiFi is generated from a network-over-current box. Other devices in my home are connecting just fine. My laptop used to connect all right in the past, but now i get a message "we are unable...
  8. After Win 10 upgrade no eternet connection

After Win 10 upgrade no eternet connection: After upgrading my Inspiron 1545 from 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, I do have a wirless connection, but no ethernet connection.....I have followed all the trouble shooting that Windows suggests but still no ethernet connection. It says No IpV4 or IPV6 connection. The drivers for the...
  9. Can't connect to a certain secured wifi after upgrading to Win 10

Can't connect to a certain secured wifi after upgrading to Win 10: Hey there, I need a laptop for my studies - that's why I looked for my HP 650 Laptop I used three years ago. First thing I did was upgrading to Windows 10. I didn't have any problems doing that at home connected to my home wifi. When I'm at school there are two wifi...
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...