Windows 10: WiFi connection not consistent: disappearing or appearing after sleep/reboot along with all...

Discus and support WiFi connection not consistent: disappearing or appearing after sleep/reboot along with all... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After sleep or reboot, I cannot predict if I will have WiFi connection on my Asus laptop. Seems like the data under ipconfig changes from a full (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NaftaliShcolnik, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WiFi connection not consistent: disappearing or appearing after sleep/reboot along with all...

After sleep or reboot, I cannot predict if I will have WiFi connection on my Asus laptop.

Seems like the data under ipconfig changes from a full (and correct) set of data in the cases it reboots and works to a very slim set of data lines when it boots up without connection. In this latter case, there is a missing line of DNS Suffix Search List from the Windows IP Configuration section and the entire Wireless LAN Adapter Wireless Network Connection section does not exist.

Connecting the laptop to the internet thru Ethernet works, sometimes, "revives" the WiFi connection after disconnecting the Ethernet cable.

Tried all sorts of solutions but non of them lasted for long. It seems that it "decides" when to connect and when not, with logics I have not been able to follow.

I already have re-installed Win10 on this laptop and made sure the driver of Realtek is the latest one.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

:)

NaftaliShcolnik, Dec 7, 2018

2. WiFi no longer connects after updating Windows

Hi,

I thought that may have been the case the first time it occurred so I re-installed Windows but the fault persisted, same as before, after updating Windows.

I do not get any error messages other than 'there are no WiFi networks available' after they all disappear.

Trouble Shooting Steps:

• Reboot Device
    • Update Drivers
    • Roll Back Drivers
    • Enable and Disable device
    • Change device power options such that Windows cannot turn the device off
    • As mentioned I did a 2nd clean install of Windows
    • Restart PC, connect to WiFi at the lock screen (connections drop and networks disappear upon logging in)

Thanks for your response.

Wolf_LikeMe, Dec 7, 2018
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Dec 7, 2018
  4. rjbinney Win User

WiFi connection not consistent: disappearing or appearing after sleep/reboot along with all...

ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep

I am new to Win 10, just purchased a Surface Pro 4 about two weeks ago. Not loving it.

Several things that is driving me nuts:
    • The ToolTips that appear when I hover my mouse over the system tray disappear
    • The Surface Pen loses functionality:
      • Clicking the eraser doesn't launch OneNote
      • Double-clicking the eraser doesn't take a screenshot
      • Long-pressing the tip to the screen does not launch the context menu

Note this problem appears sporadically. Service is always restored by a reboot; I don't know if coming out of sleep is the first time it happens, but that is the first time I notice it.

I have seen another post about a batch file to reset notifications. That's not the issue; the issue is the ToolTips stop appearing.

Thanks for any advice.

rjbinney, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

WiFi connection not consistent: disappearing or appearing after sleep/reboot along with all...

1. WiFi connection not consistent: disappearing or appearing after sleep/reboot along with all... - Similar Threads - WiFi connection consistent

2. Computer sound disappears consistently after letting BSOD appear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sound disappears consistently after letting BSOD appear.: I was modifying game files and watching a video when this crash happened. I decided to let my computer freeze, then eventually give me the BSOD, instead of immediately holding the power button to shutoff the computer to try to figure out what this one might've been about....
  3. Computer sound disappears consistently after letting BSOD appear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sound disappears consistently after letting BSOD appear.: I was modifying game files and watching a video when this crash happened. I decided to let my computer freeze, then eventually give me the BSOD, instead of immediately holding the power button to shutoff the computer to try to figure out what this one might've been about....
  4. Computer sound disappears consistently after letting BSOD appear.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  6. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  7. rebooting after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rebooting after connecting to wifi: My laptop is get restarted after connecting to my home wifi. whenever i connect to wifi after 20 minutes it shows you are about to be signed out Restart in one minute . please help me for tackle this problem....
  8. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep: My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone....
  9. WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating: Hi, After the latest Windows 10 update was done February 21st - after which one some system icons were changed, most obviously in the power down menu - it has been twice after my computer powers up again after hibernating, the WIFI connection disappears, and will not be...
  10. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...