Windows 10: Wifi connection on Acer Aspire laptop and Surface both slow, while iPhone and AppleTV speed...

Discus and support Wifi connection on Acer Aspire laptop and Surface both slow, while iPhone and AppleTV speed... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since Monday 13-July-2020, the two Windows 10 devices in our home have had significant slowness approx 1mbps when connected to our home wifi. The same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MWWMMWWM, Jul 15, 2020.

1. MWWMMWWM Win User

Wifi connection on Acer Aspire laptop and Surface both slow, while iPhone and AppleTV speed...

Since Monday 13-July-2020, the two Windows 10 devices in our home have had significant slowness approx 1mbps when connected to our home wifi. The same wifi services our iPhones and AppleTV without an issue speed testing at 25mbps - plan limit.

I believe it is related to a Windows update, or more specifically. I ended up doing a reset of the Acer laptop after nothing I tried fixed the problem after searching forums. I believe Edge was installed on the Acer on 13-July-2020. I don't have a record of the other changes to this laptop before I did the reset.

The Surface doesn't have Edge, but has had a Teams update on 13-July-2020. The Surface also had a Windows Security update on Friday 10-July-2020 KB4562253, and on this day, the Surface was not being used.

Until this point, the Acer and the Surface have both been used on weekdays for work from home.

No other updates occurred to these devices on this day.

:)

MWWMMWWM, Jul 15, 2020

2. Laptop slow wifi speeds

I have a an Acer Aspire E1-532 laptop that has windows 10 installed. Recently the wifi broadband speed to the laptop has dropped from 24mbs to around 5mbs (or slower) for no apparent reason. If I connect directly to the router by cable, the 24mbs speed
    is again achieved. Is this a laptop/windows problem or router settings?

David Hatherly UK, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Network connection speeds materially different between Surface Pro and Mobile vs. Mobile Only

I am experiencing poor internet connection speeds while tethered (wifi) to my iPhone. www.speedtest.net on Surface Pro 6 shows sub 1mb download / upload speeds, while www.speedtest.net on mobile shows near 100mb download / 12mb upload speeds.

Circumstances:

• Surface Pro 6 (Up to date excl May feature release) - and iPhone 8 IOS 12.3.1
    • Current service provider is reporting that I am within data limits of my plan
    • Directly connecting iPhone to Surface via USB cable fixes the issue
    How do I improve the internet speed on my Surface Pro 6 over WiFi?

aselikjuhsdalkudgavflkj, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Wifi connection on Acer Aspire laptop and Surface both slow, while iPhone and AppleTV speed...

acer aspire laptop wifi problem

I have a acer aspire E5 574 laptop and it does not have a wifi icon on the task bar. how can I activate wifi?

SasiniVidarshi, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Wifi connection on Acer Aspire laptop and Surface both slow, while iPhone and AppleTV speed...

1. Wifi connection on Acer Aspire laptop and Surface both slow, while iPhone and AppleTV speed... - Similar Threads - Wifi connection Acer

2. Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected: Acer Aspire computer will not connect to Wi-Fi. Windows 11. I did have connection. But now it keeps asking for key code. Then still no connection...
  3. Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected: Acer Aspire computer will not connect to Wi-Fi. Windows 11. I did have connection. But now it keeps asking for key code. Then still no connection...
  4. slow upload speed while using wifi on laptop

slow upload speed while using wifi on laptop: I have a problem with wifi upload speed. It's too slow. When I do speed test the download speed is good about 60 mb which is good in relative to my internet provider and country. But the upload speed begins at about 17 mb which is good then decreases fast to less than 1 mb....
  5. slow upload speed while using wifi on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow upload speed while using wifi on laptop: I have a problem with wifi upload speed. It's too slow. When I do speed test the download speed is good about 60 mb which is good in relative to my internet provider and country. But the upload speed begins at about 17 mb which is good then decreases fast to less than 1 mb....
  6. slow upload speed while using wifi on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Slow WIFI speed on Acer Predator helios 300

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow WIFI speed on Acer Predator helios 300: HI, I am getting very slow speed over the WIFI on this particular device acer predator helios 300 but on other devices the speed is okay.But if using the ethernet cable the speed is fine. So definitely there is some issue with this particular device. Please let me know how to...
  8. Slow WIFI speed on Acer Predator helios 300

Slow WIFI speed on Acer Predator helios 300: HI, I am getting very slow speed over the WIFI on this particular device acer predator helios 300 but on other devices the speed is okay.But if using the ethernet cable the speed is fine. So definitely there is some issue with this particular device. Please let me know how to...
  9. Slow WIFI speed on Acer Predator helios 300

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...