Windows 10: Wifi connection problem after program updating

Discus and support Wifi connection problem after program updating in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I'm using HP laptop, and today, I've experienced a Wifi problem several times. I'm not sure if the problem is related to Window system update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JISU CHOUNG, May 28, 2020.

1. Wifi connection problem after program updating

Hello! I'm using HP laptop, and today, I've experienced a Wifi problem several times.

I'm not sure if the problem is related to Window system update which I did this morning or an update from HP Support Assistant which I did last night.

However, my computer is constantly losing connection with the wifi network that I've used, and sometimes, the wifi button at the bottom toolbar disappears. In this case, my computer cannot search for any wifi around it, and I've had to reboot every time it happens.

Since I'm a college student, wifi connection is important especially when I take my exam online.

I've tried every solution from Microsoft community Go to device manager and update the network adapter etc..., but still don't have a real solution.

Could you guys help me out with it?

:)

JISU CHOUNG, May 28, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 28, 2020
  3. Wifi limited connection problem

Hi,
    I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the problem.
    Any kind of help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance.

Amansundas, May 28, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Wifi connection problem after program updating

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Wifi connection problem after program updating

1. Wifi connection problem after program updating - Similar Threads - Wifi connection problem

2. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  3. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  4. WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIFI not connecting after 21H1 update: Using an HP Envy and just updated to 21H1 load. After install, my laptop will not connect to my Wifi. All other devices are not experiencing issue, and Envy can see the network, but upon connection, I get an error saying "cannot connect to network" repeatedly. Have rebooted...
  5. Problem with wifi connection after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with wifi connection after update: [ATTACH] Hello everyone!, After de installation of the 20H2 update of windows 10 I'm having a problem with the wi-fi connection, basically I can't connect to any network and it says "Checking Network Requirements" and then it just stop the connection. I tried in other...
  6. Unable to connect to WiFi after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to WiFi after update: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 with a driver update- realtek semiconductor corp - bluetooth- 1/9/2018 - 1.5.1012.3 Definition updates- security Kb2267502 and antivirus KB4052623 The wifi option changed to a globe at the bottom of the screen, so possibly there was...
  7. Wifi connections for after hours updates

Wifi connections for after hours updates: My company is moving to WiFi only and we run updates nightly. Users log in then authenticate to the wifi. The problem I have is after the computers logged into then are connected to WiFi. After updates the computer reboots then no user is logged in. How do I continue...
  8. Can't connect to WiFi after update

Can't connect to WiFi after update: My specs: Ryzen 3 3.2Ghz Gtx 1050ti WiFi card- TP link :qualcom atheros communications Inc 8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz RAM After several updates I have lost the ability to connect to WiFi, The router appears but when I try to connect it says "unable to connect to this network". On...
  9. Can't connect to WiFi after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't connect to WiFi after update: My specs: Ryzen 3 3.2Ghz Gtx 1050ti WiFi card- TP link :qualcom atheros communications Inc 8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz RAM After several updates I have lost the ability to connect to WiFi, The router appears but when I try to connect it says "unable to connect to this network". On...
  10. wifi connectivity poor after update.

wifi connectivity poor after update.: we have multiple laptops and the ones running WIN 10 keep shuting the wifi adapter off'. The fix for this was to uncheck the connect automatically box for the adapter in the notification pane. I was able to use ethernet and after getting closer to the router, I had decent...