Windows 10: Wifi Connection Really Slow On One Floor?

Discus and support Wifi Connection Really Slow On One Floor? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In another location now. They have cable internet. The main modem is in the upper floor of our house and we have two floors. Lately, the internet has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulyjustin, May 14, 2021.

1. Wifi Connection Really Slow On One Floor?

In another location now. They have cable internet. The main modem is in the upper floor of our house and we have two floors. Lately, the internet has been extremely bad on the first floor. I went upstairs to reset the modem/router... by that i mean unplug it from the wall outlet... both of them for a minute or so, then plugged back in. Went back to first floor and wifi seems better. But now internet on the first floor is back to being really slow/bad. For many years, this was rarely the case. We had the modem installed upstairs a while back as oppose to first floor. Netgear router and a cable modem. Nothing really has changed except the wifi downstairs is really bad recently. No issue at all upstairs. What can i do here? Also is there a way to check for wifi connection on the first floor such as use a laptop and check how stable an internet connection is? I know there is speedtest but all that does is test how fast it is etc. LIke doing a test to check the internet for a certain amount of minutes to see if there is any wifi drop usage etc? I keep going to websites and loading them to see how fast it goes etc but almost always, you see the connecting... for a bit before either error or taking a while and it working. Thus the wifi is not reliable for some reason on the first floor?

:)

paulyjustin, May 14, 2021
  2. Honey Win User

Strong WIFI Router or WIFI Repeater (Want Range First Floor to Ground Floor)

hi,
    im using Dlink 300mb wifi Modem(2antina), this modem wifi range is good, almost i get where i need. but problem is, Wifi gets turn off/disconnect in all Device for 3 seconds if one of wifi device use heavy downloading, every 5 minutes, its modem fault, i have another Modem which have Less wifi range but its stable and really good modem, (this is my previous thread about this problem Network Get Disconnect while Download/Watching Youtube - Wifi USB Adapter.)

SO,
    my question was what should i do for Stable connection,
    Wifi Range Extender/Reciever or 3 x5db Antina MODEM,
    i cant buy Expensive Modem, as i dont know have high SPeed internet Connection, i just have 2mbps connection..
    my budget is Rs.2000/-

Current Modem Location is at First Floor, my Room is at Ground Floor.

what if i use Wifi Repeater with Stable low range Wifi modem?

please Suggest me.

Honey, May 14, 2021
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 14, 2021
  4. Wifi Connection Really Slow On One Floor?

WIFI CONNECTION PROBLEM

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide the information below:

• Are you referring to two different Wifi connection?
    • Does the device able to detect the Wifi connection from the upper floor?
    • Is there any error message that shows when you try to connect to the Wifi connection in question?

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Wifi Connection Really Slow On One Floor?

1. Wifi Connection Really Slow On One Floor? - Similar Threads - Wifi Connection Really

2. Wifi slow on ONE pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi slow on ONE pc: I have a PC that I use but the WIFI is always sluggish compared to my other devices. I updated all the drivers and even updated an even more modern driver. The only time the PC has good connection is if I move the Orbi Satellite into my room. I don't want to do this because I...
  3. Wifi slow on ONE pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi slow on ONE pc: I have a PC that I use but the WIFI is always sluggish compared to my other devices. I updated all the drivers and even updated an even more modern driver. The only time the PC has good connection is if I move the Orbi Satellite into my room. I don't want to do this because I...
  4. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer: Basically what the title says. It was working fine one day and the next it started acting like thisThe WiFi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has trouble loading some websites especially YouTube and google, for some reason and all games are rly laggyI’ve tried network...
  5. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer: Basically what the title says. It was working fine one day and the next it started acting like thisThe WiFi is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It has trouble loading some websites especially YouTube and google, for some reason and all games are rly laggyI’ve tried network...
  6. My ethernet and wifi is really slow but only on one computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great: What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the...
  8. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great: What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the...
  9. Wifi connection slowing ethernet connection

Wifi connection slowing ethernet connection: I currently have two pc's running in my house, The first is connected through ethernet and the second over a wifi connection through a range extender. For some reason when the second pc is running any type of download the ethernet pc slows down, it cannot stream video or play...
  10. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...