Windows 10: wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it seems like after the upgrade the wireless adapter is not compatible? it is extremely slow, is there a solution to it? i've run an internet speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lawrence_01, Feb 22, 2021.

1. wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

it seems like after the upgrade the wireless adapter is not compatible? it is extremely slow, is there a solution to it?

i've run an internet speed test:
    Mps download: 2.97
    Mbps upload 0.93
    vs wired:
    i've run an internet speed test:
    Mps download: 37.4
    Mbps upload 16.5

:)

Lawrence_01, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 22, 2021
  4. wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. wiFi connection slow after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - wiFi connection slow

2. Slow wifi connection on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow wifi connection on Windows 10: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home 20H2. I have very slow wifi connection. 1- With builtin wifi adapter => SLOW2- With another USB wifi dongle => SLOW3- With ethernet cable => FAST4- With builtin wifi adapter WITH proxy => FAST5- With another USB dongle WITH proxy => FAST6-...
  3. Wifi slow down after Windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi slow down after Windows 10 upgrade.: Hello! I have an old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that I just now upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Ever since I did that the wifi speed seems to be going down. It's a pretty significant difference, the movies and yt videos start buffering every couple minutes/seconds and it...
  4. Can't Connect to this Network After Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Can't Connect to this Network After Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Have a bought-in-when-it-was-a-new-OS Windows 7 tower. It's rarely used, but I dusted it off the other day and decided to get it current before support ran out. Everything went fine, but then I decided to upgrade to 10. I popped in my Windows 10 Pro disk and upgraded without...
  5. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  6. Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excrutiatingly slow computer after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hello! I purchased my FX6840-03e many years ago, and it had Win 7 Home Premium on it. (The only hardware I've changed is the graphics card. I went from a ATI Radeon HD 5770 to an XFX 7850 Core Edition.) Earlier this year, I decided to upgrade to Win 10, because a game I...
  7. No wifi after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Intel(R) 82578DC

No wifi after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Intel(R) 82578DC: I have no wifi after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Looking at Device Manager, I believe my Network Adapter is Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection. Looking online, I do not find a driver for Windows 10. What should I do? and thank you in advance. 31759
  8. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues: I just finished upgrading my Dell 1545 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My WiFi is connected and I don't have any trouble accessing the internet through Chrome, Spotify, and iTunes. However, when I click on the Getting Started button to connect my accounts, it tells me "It looks...
  9. Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7: I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works...
  10. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7: I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site. After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It...