Windows 10: Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset

Discus and support Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi all i am currently using a dell latitude 3460 with a Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac wireless adapter and running Windows 10 pro x64 i have a 40 mbps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vamsi krishna panthulu, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset

hi all

i am currently using a dell latitude 3460 with a Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac wireless adapter and running Windows 10 pro x64

i have a 40 mbps broadband connection at home but i hardly get 1 mbps speed on my laptop on wireless

the upload speed is like 40 times higher than my download speed when i do a speed test

i have tested the wifi connection speeds with another laptop of mine which is also a dell latitude but a older version and i get 30 mbps on that without any problem from the same wireless router

i have been on numerous troubleshooting sessions with the dell technical helpdesk and nothing helped.

finally they replaced the wifi card on my laptop and closed the ticket but the issue still remains and i just do not want waste my time with them

my wifi router is a single band with b/g/n radio so i thought it might be a problem with a router

i got a new tp link ac router with dual band and i see a slight increase in the speed now up to 3 mbps but still not what it should actually be

i am thinking this is more of an issue with the driver or the OS itself.

when run this command i found online "netsh winsock reset" and reboot the laptop, i get 30 mbps speeds temporarily for few mins and then it just dies down to below 3 mbps again

any troubleshooting help will be greatly appreciated

i am just tired of googling and speaking to the helpdesk for an enternity now

:)

vamsi krishna panthulu, Aug 16, 2018
  2. F-Roamer Win User

WiFi connection speeds

I was finally able to connect, but now my speeds are well below where they should be. My other wifi devices on the same network are pulling 100Mbps+. The surface varies between 1 and 5 Mbps. I was able to find another article that suggested I uninstall the
    network adapter driver, reboot and see if that worked. It didn't. I found another article that said to flush winsock, DNS and renew the IP lease and reboot. That seemed to work for now. Here is what I did:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

F-Roamer, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Network Wired and wifi speed

Hi

To troubleshoot your internet connection issue, we suggest you follow these steps:

Method 1: Update the latest driver for your Targus USB 3.0 SV2K and wireless card driver.

Method 2: Run the Network troubleshooter.

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Network and Internet.
    • Select Internet Connection and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3: Run these networking commands in a command prompt window:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type following commands:

•Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

•Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    Method 4: Temporarily disable the Firewall, antivirus or malware-prevention software on your Windows 10 and try to run a speed test and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset

Windows 10 shows WiFi is connected but I can't use the internet

Hi Joe,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in connecting to the WiFi network. I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Reset TCP/IP

One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted.

Follow the steps below to reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select
      Command Prompt (admin).

• Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

• Reboot the computer and check.
    Step 2: Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select
      Command Prompt (admin).

• At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press
      Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps given in the article below and check if it helps:

Refer:
    Fix network connection issues

Also, refer to the link for reference:

Refer: Wired
    and wireless network problems

(Applies to Windows 10)

Please post to us if the network issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset

1. Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset - Similar Threads - Wifi connection speed

2. Blue screen after netsh winsock reset catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after netsh winsock reset catalog: I was having some internet problems for a while and noticed „Media disconnected” status on ipconfig. I googled it and a website told me to rum these commands on administrator cmd:netsh winsock reset catalognetsh int ipv4 reset reset.lognetsh int ipv6 reset reset.logAfter...
  3. Blue screen after netsh winsock reset catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after netsh winsock reset catalog: I was having some internet problems for a while and noticed „Media disconnected” status on ipconfig. I googled it and a website told me to rum these commands on administrator cmd:netsh winsock reset catalognetsh int ipv4 reset reset.lognetsh int ipv6 reset reset.logAfter...
  4. Netsh Winsock Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netsh Winsock Reset: I have a problem easy anti-cheat where I keep getting an untrusted system file error and according to my research the way to fix it is either, sfc /scannow which didn't work or netsh winsock reset I haven't tried I'm very hesitant to whether I should do the netsh winsock...
  5. Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?: I recently bought a new server. It has a Gigabit speed network card. I also have a laptop with a 10/100 card in it. When using remote desktop to transfer files to the server, the speed is only 2-3 MB. I have checked both cards setup, and they are the only two devices on the...
  6. Improve WiFi Link Speed

Improve WiFi Link Speed: I get poor WiFi performance in my lounge (2Mbps) which is the furthest distance in the house from the router. I do have a hardwired Ethernet connection in the lounge connected to the router. What's the best way of providing better WiFi performance in the lounge by connecting...
  7. Can’t connect to internet after winsock reset

Can’t connect to internet after winsock reset: No internet access after winsock reset.. I’m on Windows 10. Long story short an online game wasn’t working for me so I followed a Youtube video that told me to enter in some commands in cmd. Commands were: netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset...
  8. Can’t access internet after winsock reset?

Can’t access internet after winsock reset?: No internet access after winsock reset.. I’m on Windows 10. Long story short an online game wasn’t working for me so I followed a Youtube video that told me to enter in some commands in cmd. Commands were: netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset...
  9. Can’t connect to internet after winsock reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Can’t connect to internet after winsock reset: No internet access after winsock reset.. I’m on Windows 10. Long story short an online game wasn’t working for me so I followed a Youtube video that told me to enter in some commands in cmd. Commands were: netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset...
  10. Wifi speed connection

Wifi speed connection: i have 15MB internet speed when i check it using my windows 10 with cable it is the same result but when i try to check it using windows 10 wifi it gives me i have 4.3 MB … so how can i fix it...