Windows 10: WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active

Discus and support WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When the Location Service is activated WiFi Connection speed slows down to less than 1 Mbps while the actual line speed is 4 Mbps. I'm quite sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ewindar, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ewindar Win User

WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active

When the Location Service is activated WiFi Connection speed slows down to less than 1 Mbps while the actual line speed is 4 Mbps.

I'm quite sure the problem is caused by Location Service as the connection speed drops to like 100 Kbps instantly after I switch the Location Service and jumps back to 4 Mbps instantly after I turn it back on.

Apart from a solution or bug fix, I'll be happy if someone provides an explanation on how Location Service can cause such an odd slow down in WiFi speed!

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Version: 1809, Build: 17763.292), installed it less than a month ago.

This issue has been mentioned by some other users in the community, but most of them are old posts, which are locked and no new respond is allowed I couldn't also find any mention of a fix or explanation or the topic was not descriptive enough.

:)

Ewindar, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active 189114715.png

imperialreign, Feb 13, 2019
  4. WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active

Wifi Speed and Metered Connections

I've been experiencing slow wifi speeds for the past couple of months. I recently switched my wifi connection to metered and my speed increased substantially. I am not understanding how a metered connection would increase my wifi speed versus non-metered.
    Is this a bug or am I missing something?

ChaunceyLeatherbury, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active

1. WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active - Similar Threads - WiFi connection speed

2. Wifi speed Slows Down whenever connected to my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi speed Slows Down whenever connected to my device: I am having an issue regarding wifi-connection. i have a wifi router assume it to have a name 'WifiX'. Whenever i connect WifiX to any of the device it works perfectly fine and provides a speed of 90 - 120 Mbps on every device. But when i connect it to my laptop the wifi...
  3. Wifi speed Slows Down whenever connected to my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi speed Slows Down whenever connected to my device: I am having an issue regarding wifi-connection. i have a wifi router assume it to have a name 'WifiX'. Whenever i connect WifiX to any of the device it works perfectly fine and provides a speed of 90 - 120 Mbps on every device. But when i connect it to my laptop the wifi...
  4. " CNG Key Isolation " Service is slowing down internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " CNG Key Isolation " Service is slowing down internet speed: Hello Kind Experts ;I am having issues with my internet speed 1Gb Frontier up/down, slowing down from 940Mbps to around 200Mbps Download speed, Upload is affected too. I have two computers running Windows 11 wired to the network. I have isolated the problem running my...
  5. " CNG Key Isolation " Service is slowing down internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " CNG Key Isolation " Service is slowing down internet speed: Hello Kind Experts ;I am having issues with my internet speed 1Gb Frontier up/down, slowing down from 940Mbps to around 200Mbps Download speed, Upload is affected too. I have two computers running Windows 11 wired to the network. I have isolated the problem running my...
  6. wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones: helloi have a dell laptop which i bought in 2018from the past few days whenever i connect my bluetooth headphones my wifi speed slows down and ping goes higher my normal speed is:- 50mbps and 10 ms pingbut after connecting bluetooth headphones it goes 5 mbps and 100 ms...
  7. WIFI Upload speed slow throttled down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Upload speed slow throttled down: WIFI upload speed is so slow on windows 10, 0.4 MB, compared to 3 MB when running on the same device from linux. The issue happens on 2 different devices, which rules out a device issue, and is running perfect from linux, which rules out a network or device issue. Speed is...
  8. Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi: All the other devices connected to the wifi works just fine but the internet on my laptop is super slow. When I try running speed test it goes to a certain speed and stops and gives me an error. The are no issues if I connect it to my mobile hotspot. I tried scanning the...
  9. Slow Wifi speed.

Slow Wifi speed.: Hi my name is Siebe i have a problem on my notebook: When i try to load a page in any browser it takes super long and this is been going on for soo long. When i go to taskmanager and look at my wifi speed it goes from 0 speed to .... speed and it stops at 0 for like 10...
  10. Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active

Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active: I've been having weird issue lately My internet occasionally suddenly goes bad and hard to connect through WiFi. This happen both on my laptop and desktop, but not on mobile. So definitely not my ISP connection. I tried to ping some sites using CMD and got multiple request...