Windows 10: Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb...

Discus and support Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Our Canon TS5050 prints wirelessly from my wife's windows 10 laptop, but my wireless connection to the printer via our router has suddenly stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keith ARoss, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb...

Our Canon TS5050 prints wirelessly from my wife's windows 10 laptop, but my wireless connection to the printer via our router has suddenly stopped working and to print i have to plug it into the usb port. Any suggestions?

:)

Keith ARoss, Dec 13, 2019
  2. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb... [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID.

If I open the details of the wifi connection it says there is no0 IPV4 or IPV6 connectivity although these are checked.

What has happened?

Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb... [​IMG]

anparkinson, Dec 13, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb...

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

I was not able to ping the Win7 machine.

However headache-ridden this setup might be, I've had it for close to a decade, and remote machines - XP and Win7 and Win10 and Mac - have all easily printed from it. As did this, until it stopped working.

Two other questions:
    1. How does one this SMBv1 issue you suggest? Sorry, not familiar with that term.
    2. In looking at the event viewer, I am seeing near-daily critical errors from the machine being powered off by the button, versus the normal Windows shutdown (and will address with the family member who has the machine). Could this have been the cause of it suddenly not working? And any suggestions to look at and fix whatever may be wrong, if this is a possible cause?

asus2016, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb...

1. Wifi connection to printer suddenly stopped working on one of my laptops. Have to use usb... - Similar Threads - Wifi connection printer

2. Printer Stopped Working On USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Stopped Working On USB: Starting roughly around the installation of update OS 22621.105, my long-standing ability to print via USB to a Canon G3260 stopped. The printer driver shows "Printer not responding". Test pages from the driver, as well as pages from any app, will show up in the printer queue...
  3. Printer Stopped Working On USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working On USB: Starting roughly around the installation of update OS 22621.105, my long-standing ability to print via USB to a Canon G3260 stopped. The printer driver shows "Printer not responding". Test pages from the driver, as well as pages from any app, will show up in the printer queue...
  4. Xbox One controller suddenly not working when connected to laptop through USB; not in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller suddenly not working when connected to laptop through USB; not in...: I'm trying to connect an XB1 controller to my laptop using a USB to USB mini and have had no problems in the past using both the controller and cable. All of a sudden, it's just not working anymore, and I can't figure out what's wrong. I've tried using 2 different USB cables,...
  5. Xbox One controller suddenly not working when connected to laptop through USB; not in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller suddenly not working when connected to laptop through USB; not in...: I'm trying to connect an XB1 controller to my laptop using a USB to USB mini and have had no problems in the past using both the controller and cable. All of a sudden, it's just not working anymore, and I can't figure out what's wrong. I've tried using 2 different USB cables,...
  6. My laptop wifi suddenly stopped working after the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop wifi suddenly stopped working after the update: Help guys. submitted by /u/perkymaster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsinzb/my_laptop_wifi_suddenly_stopped_working_after_the/
  7. all of a sudden my wifi printer stopped working. thoughts?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all of a sudden my wifi printer stopped working. thoughts?: All of a sudden my WIFI printer stopped working. It wont acknowledge printing from my brand new laptop or three cell phones in our home. We have tried for hours to trouble shoot. Could it be the thing has just "died"? thoughts? thanks....
  8. WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop: So, I was working as always with my laptop until suddenly WIFI stopped working. I tried troubleshooting it and it says “The Intel(R) Wireless-AC adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems” and “A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken”....
  9. Wifi Suddenly Stops Working

Wifi Suddenly Stops Working: So I have a Surface Book 2, 13" model. On 2 separate wifi routers i have owned, this issue has occurred. Randomly while either in use or when put in standby the Wifi will stop working as in the Wireless Network im using will disconnect. Now sometimes it will let me select it...
  10. WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop

WIFI suddenly stopped working on my laptop: My laptop is not connecting to wifi. It was connecting to WIFI till 03-Feb-2019. Troubleshooting shows as below Problems found "'Intel(R) Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems" When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it...