Windows 10: Wifi connection

Discus and support Wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my pc has been having issues with its wifi. it will work for about 30 min then stop , it still says coneected to wifi and says its getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RyleeC, Oct 20, 2018.

1. RyleeC Win User

Wifi connection

Recently my pc has been having issues with its wifi. it will work for about 30 min then stop , it still says coneected to wifi and says its getting internet but any app requiring wifi fails to work but turning my wifi toggle in the windows 10 settings off then on fixes it but i have to do that every 30 min roughly. I've updated the wifi drivers and all my other drivers. this issue started happening out of no where, there was no os update so that shouldnt be the issue. i have an acer helios 300 if that helps at all.

:)

RyleeC, Oct 20, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 20, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Wifi connection

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Wifi connection

1. Wifi connection - Similar Threads - Wifi connection

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  4. can’t connect to school wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can’t connect to school wifi: Hi, I can’t connect to my school’s EAP security WiFi and I don’t know what to do. I have an HP 14t-ep000 windows 11 and I have been trying to connect all different ways but I can’t seem to connect to it. Every time I try to connect, it says “can’t connect to this network”...
  5. can’t connect to school wifi

can’t connect to school wifi: Hi, I can’t connect to my school’s EAP security WiFi and I don’t know what to do. I have an HP 14t-ep000 windows 11 and I have been trying to connect all different ways but I can’t seem to connect to it. Every time I try to connect, it says “can’t connect to this network”...
  6. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  9. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  10. WiFi Connection issue

WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...