Windows 10: wifi connection

Discus and support wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can I change the range of my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection/5e25c178-aef7-41dd-bd2c-8c106ca4a5b0 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaquelWallner, Nov 8, 2018.

1. wifi connection

can I change the range of my wifi?

:)

RaquelWallner, Nov 8, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 8, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 8, 2018
  4. wifi connection

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

wifi connection

1. wifi connection - Similar Threads - wifi connection

2. WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection: My desktop computer on Windows 10 has been directly connected to my router. I wish to disconnect it to move to another room. However when I do, I can not get the list of network connections through WiFi. The little icon showing the waves does not appear on my task bar....
  3. how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network: Hello guys, I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on! I live in a building and have two separate small units located side by side. The are small and my wifi covers both apartments. In the...
  4. WIFI will not stay connected on my computer

WIFI will not stay connected on my computer: How to fix the problem is listed below. Go to Network and Sharing Center select Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your wireless connection (the name of the wireless connection) - select Properties - select Configure. Click on the Power Management tab - deselect "Allow...
  5. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi: I have Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire e5 laptop. When I click the wifi button in my task bar, it displays all the available wifi networks. When I highlight each network, it has a box to check for "connect automatically." No matter how many times I uncheck these boxes, the...
  6. Frequently losing WiFi Connection

Frequently losing WiFi Connection: Several times per day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that no wireless networks are found, despite the fact that there should be multiple strong signals. Running the troubleshooter fixes the problem...
  7. Connect Wifi speaker to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Wifi speaker to PC: I have a Harman Kardon Invoke and I want it to connect it to my PC for audio via WiFi, not bluetooth. I have tried using bluetooth, but the audio quality isn't that good on bluetooth as compared to WiFi. Please help me if there is any option to connect this speaker to PC over...
  8. How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI?

How to do Remote Desktop connection from one computer to a VM on WIFI?: Let me explain my setup. (All systems involved are running Windows 10 Pro.) I have this desktop computer with VMWare Workstation that has multiple virtual machines running. That host desktop system is connected to my Wi-Fi router that provides the Internet. I also have a...
  9. WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode

WiFi connection dropped after sleep mode: Hello, We have one PC in our office that has the very irritating habit of dropping its WiFi connection every time it is woken up out of sleep mode. So each time on wake up we have to click the "Disconnect" button on our Wifi connection and then the "Connect" button. It's...
  10. Windows and microsoft apps seem to think I have wifi or internet connections but I do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows and microsoft apps seem to think I have wifi or internet connections but I do.: So I have had this issue for a little while but most of the time it solves itself by restarting the computer, a minor inconvenience at best. Now its just not working at all. I have looked around at apparent "solves" which doesnt seem to do anything, I have tried installing...