Windows 10: wifi connection

Discus and support wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can I change the range of my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection/5e25c178-aef7-41dd-bd2c-8c106ca4a5b0 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaquelWallner, Nov 8, 2018.

1. wifi connection

can I change the range of my wifi?

:)

RaquelWallner, Nov 8, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 8, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 8, 2018
  4. wifi connection

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

wifi connection

1. wifi connection - Similar Threads - wifi connection

2. WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using: Hello, Windows 10 (64 bit, build 1903 and build 1809 before that) occasionally drops my router's WiFi. This is on a Thinkpad X1. I can recover in a couple of ways: Run the network troubleshooter which resets the adapter and thereby brings back the network. Manually...
  3. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........
  4. Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903

Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903: Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903 i have done all of that and in finally nothing : * troubleshoot : internet connections , network adapter * network reset * DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (succes) * sfc /scannow (succes) * forget password...
  5. Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC

Occasionally i cannot connect to the WiFi on my PC: Recently, i have faced a problem when my WiFi just randomly cuts out on all Computer devices in my home (Desktop PC and Laptop) however, it says that the WiFi is connected on both computers. Also there is no problems what so ever when i try to connect and use the WiFi on my...
  6. Windows 10 wifi connection drops

Windows 10 wifi connection drops: Everytime my lap top goes to sleep it loses its internet connection to my local wifi network. It states it is still connected but there is no internet connection. This happens everytime the computer goes to sleep....
  7. The laptop can not connect to wifi. It says 'Unidentified network' Without Internet access.

The laptop can not connect to wifi. It says 'Unidentified network' Without Internet access.: Can anybody help me please? There was a power cut. Now my laptop can not connect to the internet. There is wifi signal, but it says "Unidentified network" Without Internet access. However, my mobile devices work well with my Wi-Fi connection....
  8. Wifi connectivity issue

Wifi connectivity issue: My pc has an issue from last two years. It cannot connect to WiFi network until I, restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connectivity-issue/3169f5ef-8d70-48ff-bbc3-5a2376184dab
  9. Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.

Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.: For the past 2 months my laptop (HP Omen 15) has been having issues with wifi. No other device in the house has this issue (laptops, xbox, tv, phones) but my laptop does. My laptop is currently the closest device to the router and does say it has full bars of connection yet...
  10. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?: Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine? Hi all. I've tried researching this issue without success - very simply, the wifi icon on my toolbar has a small white asterisk next to it, and when you hover the mouse over it, it...