Windows 10: wifi connection

Discus and support wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can I change the range of my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection/5e25c178-aef7-41dd-bd2c-8c106ca4a5b0 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaquelWallner, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:57 PM.

1. RaquelWallner Win User

wifi connection

can I change the range of my wifi?

:)

RaquelWallner, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:57 PM
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

4. Gerald Mal Win User

wifi connection

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Thema:

wifi connection

1. wifi connection - Similar Threads - wifi connection

2. Connecting to the strongest wifi network in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to the strongest wifi network in windows 10: I have a wifi network at home, which is set up as follows: The main wifi router, one repeater/extender unit and 2 power line(LAN) units that are also wifi transmitters/sources. So in total there are four sources of wifi in our home. All these sources have the same...
  3. Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.

Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.: when i used wifi about a litlle time( 30Min) my wifi had disconnected, i had tried to connect agian, i see my wifi turn of then turn on and notice " can't connect to this network" after i updated win 10 at May this proplem had appeared in win 7 or 8 working normally...
  4. wifi stuck on verifying and connecting

wifi stuck on verifying and connecting: Hi All! I'm running windows 10 on a dell pavilion laptop with an intel ac 3160 wifi, probably from 2016. acpi x 64. intel i 5200 at 2.2 GHZ. Not sure what other info you might need. I am unable to connect to my home wifi when i have to type in the password. it gets...
  5. No automatic connection to WiFi after installing KB4462919

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No automatic connection to WiFi after installing KB4462919: Hello, I installed update KB4462919 yesterday (10th November 2018). However, post-installation, whenever I start my laptop PC I do not connect to WiFi automatically and have to manually go and select it from a list. Please could you help Dell Inspiron 3000 series I5...
  6. PlEASE HELP!! MY COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO MY HOME NETWORK THROUGH WIFI OR...

PlEASE HELP!! MY COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO MY HOME NETWORK THROUGH WIFI OR...: Hello My computer updated yesterday and then ethernet and wifi stopped working for my home network, my computer will connect to my friends mobile wifi but it tell s me its not connected and secured but no internet access, but i can still use internet with that for some...
  7. wifi connections in windows 10 update

wifi connections in windows 10 update: new update of windows 10 now wants to connect to every wifi connection that is available. how do i stop it from searching for available connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connections-in-windows-10-update/3d452157-8283-436d-8af0-5dd99ed4d137
  8. Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect)

Windows Dropping Internet Connection (wifi up, local IP's work, and other devices can connect): Hello, Windows 10 appears to intermittently lose its ability to connect to the internet, despite other devices on my network connecting without a problem, and despite the strong wifi connection. If I type in the local IP's such as the router and printer into a web browser,...
  9. WiFi network not showing or connecting

WiFi network not showing or connecting: My acer laptop runs win10 .I usually use internet by connecting with wifi.But now it is neither showing any network nor connecting.I have run network trouble shooter .It asks to turn on wireless capability.But it is already on .I disabled wireless and enable it again.But same...
  10. My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...

My surface laptop keeps switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi while connected to my...: I have a Surface Laptop connected to a docking station (from Microsoft) that is hardwired to my network via Ethernet. Overnight it always seems to switch to WiFi and I have to reboot in order to get back to Ethernet hardwired connection....