Windows 10: Wifi connection

Discus and support Wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My building has a free WiFi. My computer is connected to an antenna via USB connector (I have 2) right outside my door. In the past I was getting up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Funkyecat, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Wifi connection

My building has a free WiFi. My computer is connected to an antenna via USB connector (I have 2) right outside my door. In the past I was getting up to 10.1 Mbps down load speed and 5.0+ upload speeds which was fine since I am not a gamer, coder, etc. It had bee dropping over the past few weeks. The router was working fine and the antenna was replaced. Could there be a problem within the motherboard even when USB adapters are used?

:)

Funkyecat, Dec 14, 2017

2. Wifi connectivity problems

Hello,

I need help with a wifi connectivity problem. Recently when I am at my place of work, I can no longer connect to their wifi on my laptop computer. My computer can connect to my home wifi and my phone can connect to my work wifi but my computer won't connect
    to my work wifi anymore.

Whenever I now try to connect to my work wifi network I type in the password and it will start to connect and check for network requirements, but then my wifi icon switches to the ethernet connection then goes to the wifi connection with a red x, and then
    turns back on the wifi access but then the wifi network I am trying to connect to reads can't connect to this network.

I am unsure what to do to solve this problem. I have tried trouble shooting the problem and both disableing and reinstalling my wifi network with no luck in fixing the problem.

TAYLOR LYNN ZIMMERMAN, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Laptop not connecting to Wifi

yes sir different wifi networks are apperaring to connect but my wifi device is not appearing.... i Just want to connect it to my own wifi device..

sir my problem is not that my laptop is not connecting with wi-fi devices... it is connecting with other wifi devices like my neighbour's wifi.... >>
    the problem is that it is not connecting with my own wifi device..!!!

even my wifi device is not appearing in the available networks... BUT my wifi is connecting with family mobile phone.. only it is not appearing on my laptop ...

My wifi device is connecting with the mobile phone ..it shows its working properly..

As my laptop is connecting with with other wifi device shows that its wireless connectivity is also working...

then whats the problem.. ??

SalmanNazir, Dec 14, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Wifi connection

Not likely anything to do with your mobo, the system you describe is subject to speed slowing due to the number of devices using the wifi. *Cool

dmholt57, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Funkyecat Win User
    Only the Wifi is using it. I have trouble connecting most of the time. My computer (network connections) sshows it is connected to router and router to internet. But often a message (in Yahoo) says it is not connected to internet..

Funkyecat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi connection

1. Wifi connection - Similar Threads - Wifi connection

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  4. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  6. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  7. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  8. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  9. My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...: My computer is on windows seven. I have it connected to my home's wifi and can access the internet on it through google chrome but with anything else it keeps saying it is not connected to the internet at all, and it won't let me download anything properly. Every time I open...
  10. My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...

My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...: My computer is on windows seven. I have it connected to my home's wifi and can access the internet on it through google chrome but with anything else it keeps saying it is not connected to the internet at all, and it won't let me download anything properly. Every time I open...