Windows 10: Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

Discus and support Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the same issue described here I have a Lenovo laptop with win 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Radu Arghir - M66895, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

I have the same issue described here I have a Lenovo laptop with win 10 on ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-limited-connection-when-i-connect-an-external/b80a6691-637e-4649-ac01-b87e94ba2c29Changing the channel to 1, 6 or 11 and reducing the channel width to 20 MHz in the router wifi settings worked great, but I am positive the monitor is not at fault. Duplicating the desktop or using any of the two monitors alone laptop or external monitor will remove the problem. Only expanding the the desktop on the two monitors will cause issues with connectivity. Turning th

:)

Radu Arghir - M66895, Jun 8, 2023
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jun 8, 2023
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

1. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor. - Similar Threads - Wifi connectivity affected

2. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.: I have the same issue described here I have a Lenovo laptop with win 10 on ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-limited-connection-when-i-connect-an-external/b80a6691-637e-4649-ac01-b87e94ba2c29Changing the channel to 1, 6 or 11 and reducing the...
  3. Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connectivity affected by exapading desktop to another monitor.: I have the same issue described here I have a Lenovo laptop with win 10 on ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-limited-connection-when-i-connect-an-external/b80a6691-637e-4649-ac01-b87e94ba2c29Changing the channel to 1, 6 or 11 and reducing the...
  4. Desktops affect RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktops affect RAM: There is a feature in Windows that in Task View of different desktops. Is RAM affected when you have more than one desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktops-affect-ram/84b3584c-b73e-4e20-b0cc-91a25f471120
  5. Changing to another desktop with multiple monitors changes desktops on both monitors. Is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing to another desktop with multiple monitors changes desktops on both monitors. Is...: I have a Macbook for work, and I use multiple desktops all the time on it while also having an external monitor plugged in. Mac's default behavior when transitioning to another desktop is to only change the desktop on one of the monitors. I virtually never want to change...
  6. If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    If I delete Windows 10 System32 folder on a different desktop, will it affect another desktop?: I been wondering what happens from removal of System32 and wanted to try it myself but I thought it would be a dangerous risk as it is my only PC I got so I thought that I should ask about it on microsoft....
  7. Desktop layout changes when I connect another monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop layout changes when I connect another monitor: When I turn on the second monitor, my desktop changes. If I turn off a monitor, my desktop gets messy. I really don’t want that my desktop changes every time I turn on/off the other monitor....
  8. Can't connect desktop to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect desktop to wifi: Moved house. Previously connected to internet by ethernet cable. Now want to connect to internet through wifi. CAn't work out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-connect-desktop-to-wifi/c55b1e9b-d5a5-453e-a582-d64657f44107
  9. Wifi connection on desktop PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection on desktop PC: How to set up wifi on desktop PC, I have motherboard ASRock Z370 Gaming ITX/ac with wifi adapter but can not run wifi. Thanks for help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-connection-on-desktop-pc/148d00a5-9199-4782-ae78-b5afb7bed784
  10. Connecting monitor to desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting monitor to desktop: I am sorry if this is a basic question. I am looking to get a new desktop machine and waiting for machines to come out with the new OS pre installed. I have had laptop machines for so long now where you don't need to worry about monitor connections. But with the new machine...