Windows 10: WIFI Connectivity options before logon

Discus and support WIFI Connectivity options before logon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I want to know if it is possible to be able to connect to a wifi network prior to logon. This will be an option to choose a wifi connection and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adeeeeeee1971, Nov 19, 2020.

1. WIFI Connectivity options before logon

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to be able to connect to a wifi network prior to logon. This will be an option to choose a wifi connection and authenticate with it prior to entering domain credentials. I know how you can get a device to automatically connect to a wifi network prior to logon, but i need to know if there is a way to show available connections and choose the wifi you want, enter the authentication details before entering a username and password to login to the windows 10 device. Lets say I have loads of users who stay in different hotels and have never authenticated on their wifi network before.

:)

Adeeeeeee1971, Nov 19, 2020

2. WiFi logon problems - Andy

Hi,

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    Thank you

Jenith_James, Nov 19, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Nov 19, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

WIFI Connectivity options before logon

Relocated PC can't connect to internet

You're welcome.

When you talk to the tech people at the facility, mention what Bree shows in the pic above.... how to get the WiFi connected prior to any logon attempt. It may help. Then proceed with the steps already posted to manage your account. Once you get connected, you should be ok.

Let us know how you make out. *Smile

f14tomcat, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

WIFI Connectivity options before logon

1. WIFI Connectivity options before logon - Similar Threads - WIFI Connectivity options

2. Why is there no connect to wifi option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no connect to wifi option?: So today my computer suddenly disconnected from my wifi, and couldn’t reconnect or any other wifis. I couldn’t even find the option to look for wifi, it just disappeared. I tried to search online to fix this issue, but none of them worked, like updating adapterthere is a...
  3. Why is there no connect to wifi option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no connect to wifi option?: So today my computer suddenly disconnected from my wifi, and couldn’t reconnect or any other wifis. I couldn’t even find the option to look for wifi, it just disappeared. I tried to search online to fix this issue, but none of them worked, like updating adapterthere is a...
  4. Why is there no connect to wifi option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi connect option disapeared

Wifi connect option disapeared: Hello, I did the recent update on my Wintel W8 Pro mini PC for Windows 10 on 10/20/2020 and the Wifi internet connect option disappeared. The only way to connect to the internet now is via ethernet. Help! How can I get Wifi back? Please see screen shot Sincerely,...
  6. WiFi Autoconnect not working before DOmain Logon

WiFi Autoconnect not working before DOmain Logon: Hi Team, We are using Domain login for our corporate WiFi , we are facing issue while trying to Auto connect Wifi in Windows 10 2004 Dell laptop, Wifi is not automatically connecting before domain login, As it only connect if manually click on "connect " on the desired...
  7. VPN Before Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Before Logon: At our company, we have recently launched a remote sales office. We push all our windows updates through WSUS. We also have several device management tools that involve being connected to our corp network to use. We are looking for a tool, that would allow a user to connect...
  8. Wifi connection options

Wifi connection options: I dont have the option to manually connect to a wifi network. I have also noticed that this is a big issue across multiple versions of Windows such as Windows 7 and 8.1. Can someone please resolve this issue?...
  9. Available WIFI list dissapears before having the option to choose a wifi connection

Available WIFI list dissapears before having the option to choose a wifi connection: Hello, When i click the wifi icon to get me a list of possible wifi connections the list dissapaears before i can choose a connection. I see windows trying to load the list but then suddenly closes the list without giving me the options. Did not find a solution on the...
  10. WiFi connection lost between start and logon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WiFi connection lost between start and logon: When I start my computer I can see at the Windows logo screen that the WiFi is connected to my hub but as soon as I log in it drops the connection and I have to connect manually by entering the "key" even though I have ticked the box that says "connect automatically". Any...