Windows 10: Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

Discus and support Wifi Connectivity to hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am facing problem connecting to the portable hotspot for accessing internet using wifi in my windows 10. It is getting connected to the hotspot but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SovanKar, Jul 17, 2018.

1. SovanKar Win User

Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

I am facing problem connecting to the portable hotspot for accessing internet using wifi in my windows 10. It is getting connected to the hotspot but showing NO INTERNET, SECURED. So i am unable to access the internet from my pc. I am using hp ay009tx laptop.

Please reply soon as i am in desperate need of some help.

:)

SovanKar, Jul 17, 2018

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Wifi Connectivity to hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jul 17, 2018
  3. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

Wifi Hotspot Connectivity Problem.

After upgrading to Win10; my laptop (Sony Vaio VPCEB44EN) is not able to find mobile hotspot network in available wi-fi list. I tried so many times but sometimes its shows the hotspot network and connects but no internet access comes and most of the time
    I cant find hotspot network in wifi list.

Kartikisbest, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

1. Wifi Connectivity to hotspot - Similar Threads - Wifi Connectivity hotspot

2. Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...: Hello!Sorry for any translation errors, I use a google translator.The problem is that if I turn on the hostpot on Windows 10, the devices connected to it will have Internet access, but when the first device is connected to the computer, the computer will have virtually no...
  3. Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...: Hello!Sorry for any translation errors, I use a google translator.The problem is that if I turn on the hostpot on Windows 10, the devices connected to it will have Internet access, but when the first device is connected to the computer, the computer will have virtually no...
  4. Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently: HiI had recently updated my laptop PC to version 19043.1083. After update, my connection to the my android phone's hotspot keeps dropping very often. I tried other phones, too. Turning my WiFi adapter on/off didn't solve the problem. Anyone has a...
  5. Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots

Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots: Im having a super annoying internet problem, logging onto hotel Wifis. we are on a long roadtrip across the USA, and everytime we enter a new hotel and try and connect to the hotel wifi, the laptop doesnt seem to connect. i try right clicking and Troubleshoot with no luck....
  6. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  7. Wifi Hotspot connectivity

Wifi Hotspot connectivity: I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop from my phone hotspot using SIM1, but when trying to connect to internet using SIM2, its showing connected, but no internet. So how can i get access to the network using SIM2 in the laptop Wifi? is it an adapter issue?...
  8. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  9. wifi hotspot connection issues

wifi hotspot connection issues: my issue is with the WiFi hotspot connectivity, other devices say its has IP address configuration failure when they try to connect to my pc hotspot how can I solve this issue correctly...
  10. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...