Windows 10: WIFI Connects, but no Internet apparently after a Windows Update

Discus and support WIFI Connects, but no Internet apparently after a Windows Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can connect to WIFI but no Internet connection. Main points? 1. seems to have start about three months ago after Windows update. 2. Have exhausted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaestroJog, May 4, 2020.

1. WIFI Connects, but no Internet apparently after a Windows Update

Can connect to WIFI but no Internet connection. Main points?

1. seems to have start about three months ago after Windows update.

2. Have exhausted all available options, including removing update, all CMD commmands to flush this and that, removing many programs from startup, trouble shooter says it can't diagnose. Problem is not with the router. Other machines have no problem connecting. .

3. Even though I set the options to automatically connect, it still doesn't do so.

4. After about three tries and restarts it can connect to Internet, but each try the restart or shut down restart gets longer. Just before it seems ready to do something, it will not fully load programs, and the Settings menu will not open. An attempt to open Task Manager will bring up a black screen.

5. If this happens I can only shut down by hitting the power button. Then restart requires several pressings of the start button. Anotehr case of the magic number three.

6. I have looked over and done all the things suggested with antivirus and firewalls.

7, Nothing in short is working. I am hesitating to do a complete system restore since I will have to install programs all over again. Of course with the stay at home one has a lot of time, but this is daunting.

Anyone able to help?

:)

MaestroJog, May 4, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 4, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 4, 2020
  4. rob1618 Win User

WIFI Connects, but no Internet apparently after a Windows Update

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, May 4, 2020
Thema:

WIFI Connects, but no Internet apparently after a Windows Update

1. WIFI Connects, but no Internet apparently after a Windows Update - Similar Threads - WIFI Connects Internet

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. internet connection wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection wifi: i used my laptop all day fine. When it's in sleep and i go back to it, it is trying to get me to connect with an open hotspot wifi. I have my own. I have never had this problem until one day I clicked on the xfinity wifi by mistake, i did not connect to it but now when i'm...
  5. Wifi Internet after an update

Wifi Internet after an update: I did whatever latest updates on Windows 10 today and when my computer rebooted, it had no Wi-Fi capabilities! It has been completely wiped from the computer! Please help, it isn't even my computer, I was borrowing my moms and now its broke!...
  6. Wifi Internet after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Internet after an update: I did whatever latest updates on Windows 10 today and when my computer rebooted, it had no Wi-Fi capabilities! It has been completely wiped from the computer! Please help, it isn't even my computer, I was borrowing my moms and now its broke!...
  7. Wifi Internet after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "WiFi connected but no Internet"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "WiFi connected but no Internet": My pixel 3a and my mom's iPhone was working perfectly fine in the morning, after I stopped using briefly it said "WiFi connected no internet". I tried restarting my router and phone multiple times and forgetting the network, setting my connection to unmetered. I also used...
  9. Wifi connected but no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi connected but no internet: Yesterday I turned on my pc and it had no internet, normal at first for it to take a second to connect, so I walked away and got a drink or something and it still had no internet. It said "Connected, no Internet". I've already run the troubleshoot tool and it said that my IP...
  10. Trouble after update wifi connecting+internet issue

Trouble after update wifi connecting+internet issue: Dear Sir/Ma'am My windows 10 got updated last week and after updates im facing problems with connecting to wifi and internet. I have to disable and enable wifi driver in device manager everytime when i turn on my PC. Furthermore the internet speed is also very slow as...