Windows 10: WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

Discus and support WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Matt_Shatt, Jul 28, 2020.

1. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now I'll randomly be in the middle of doing work and notice websites failing to load. Sure enough I will look down the the normal WiFi icon has turned into a Globe with a "no" symbol on top of it. I still have an IP at that point according to ipconfig /all. I have yet to find a way to reset it without rebooting. Reboot fixes it every time.

I've tried:

• Repair connection - no problems found
    • Disable interface - gets stuck on "disable" screen until I reboot
    • Once disabled (after reboot), gets stuck on "enable" screen until reboot
      • Safe mode makes no difference
    • Uninstalling My AC-7260 network adapter in device manager (when in safe mode) - it instantly removes itself from the list. When I "scan for hardware changes" to reinstall, it's instantly back, no loading or installing.
    • Rolling driver back
      • Safe mode makes no difference on this behavior

What are some more things I can try?

Forgot an important detail: internet is still active on all other devices when this happens

submitted by /u/Matt_Shatt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Matt_Shatt, Jul 28, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Jul 29, 2020
  3. mynit Win User
    Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

The router is a Sagemcom B-Box 3 running the ISP's software. It does not have user-accessible logs but I can see what devices are currently connected. When the computer loses internet access, it still shows in the list of connected devices, as I would expect.

The available IPv4 pool is 192.168.1.2-63 and I statically assigned 192.168.1.63 for that last test.

The computer is an HP Elitebook 8460P with a Broadcom BCM43XX wifi adapter. The driver is the latest version.

mynit, Jul 29, 2020
  4. txstoby Win User

WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

Constantly Losing WIFI

I lose wifi sometimes twice an hour on this HP When I go to networks, it will say connected, but I get no data. Sometimes it will just say no internet. When I restart, it will connect and work fine for a period of time, but often less than an hour.

txstoby, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

1. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity - Similar Threads - WiFi Constantly Losing

2. Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection: A few months ago my computer custom build about 5 years old stopped connecting to the internet and my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and trackball would randomly become unresponsive, so I bought a new TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe card which fixed things for one day. When the issue...
  3. Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection: A few months ago my computer custom build about 5 years old stopped connecting to the internet and my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and trackball would randomly become unresponsive, so I bought a new TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe card which fixed things for one day. When the issue...
  4. Wifi loses internet connection after a while

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi loses internet connection after a while: My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I always have Wi-Fi in my room. The problem is that every time I turn on the Wifi access point and then connect my phone, there is...
  5. Laptop freezes constantly and loses internet connection?

Laptop freezes constantly and loses internet connection?: My laptop has been freezing for some time (for a really long time), and then it can't be operated anymore, and when a video is playing it makes a whirring noise. I then have to shut it down by holding down the on/off button for 15 seconds. But as if that wasn't enough, he has...
  6. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  7. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  8. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  9. Constantly Losing WIFI

Constantly Losing WIFI: I lose wifi sometimes twice an hour on this HP When I go to networks, it will say connected, but I get no data. Sometimes it will just say no internet. When I restart, it will connect and work fine for a period of time, but often less than an hour. 120904
  10. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....