Windows 10: WiFi contention

Discus and support WiFi contention in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi im trying to setup my laptop to connect to my dstv wifi connector pls help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlieButton, Feb 22, 2019.

1. WiFi contention

Hi im trying to setup my laptop to connect to my dstv wifi connector pls help

:)

CharlieButton, Feb 22, 2019

2. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Feb 22, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Feb 22, 2019
  4. WiFi contention

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

WiFi contention

1. WiFi contention - Similar Threads - WiFi contention

2. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zero wifi networks: got a new pcwindows 10 proi'm typing this on my old laptop, trying to connect to the wifi except there are zero available networks even though there are on my laptop.there are no wifi on/off or mobile hotspot buttons just a greyed out airplane mode. troubleshooting only gives...
  3. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zero wifi networks: got a new pcwindows 10 proi'm typing this on my old laptop, trying to connect to the wifi except there are zero available networks even though there are on my laptop.there are no wifi on/off or mobile hotspot buttons just a greyed out airplane mode. troubleshooting only gives...
  4. zero wifi networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  9. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  10. WiFi contention

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi contention: Hi im trying to setup my laptop to connect to my dstv wifi connector pls help ***Moved From: Windows 10/Network & internet*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-contention/f6ebe3d9-e7ab-4d91-bb5c-25e587cddda2