Windows 10: WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect!

Discus and support WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ASUS X540S with Windows 10 will connect to my home WiFi fine for about 20 minutes, but will then suddenly disconnect. The name of the home WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PK33IC, Jun 12, 2019.

1. PK33IC Win User

WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect!

My ASUS X540S with Windows 10 will connect to my home WiFi fine for about 20 minutes, but will then suddenly disconnect. The name of the home WiFi will still be listed as secure, but when I try to connect to it, I get the message "Can't connect to this network." The only way to successfully reconnect is to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up, which is time consuming and frustrating. This problem is exacerbated by temperature change and planes flying overhead, but I know the problem isn't the WiFi/router because my smartphone is connected to it and experiences little to no interruptions. Any suggestions? Thank you for taking time out to help, it is greatly appreciated!

:)

PK33IC, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Lianachu Win User

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

It's actually the opposite problem to that; the wifi will disconnect while I'm using the laptop and restarting it or putting it to sleep and waking it back up again will reconnect it.

Lianachu, Jun 12, 2019
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Jun 12, 2019
  4. HeneryH Win User

After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever
    it is called it won't work.

Preliminary research seems to show that changing the power setting for the WiFi adapter via either

A) device mgr - wifi network adapter - properties - power settings tab or

B) using the power setting control panel then going to advanced and looking for the wifi adapter there

will fix it.

... but... I don't have either of those tabs available to me.

Some have said that laptops with AOAC (always on always connected) won't show these options.

How can I get my wifi to reconnect automatically when waking from sleep?

HeneryH, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect! - Similar Threads - WiFi Cuts Win10

2. Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to: I am running Win10 (and have been since I bought this machine back in September), currently up-to-date with the last system & drivers updates on April 2nd (1 week ago) and the last Win Defender definitions update on 4/8 (yesterday, technically). My laptop was working just...
  3. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  4. Automatic reconnecting to wifi

Automatic reconnecting to wifi: I'm sort of new to Windows. Recently bought a Dell Xps with Windows 10. I can start the internet connection by clicking on the 1/4 fan shaped icon on the lower right of my screen. I can select a wifi connection and connect, no problem. There's a box that will...
  5. My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!

My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!: First, I was running Windows 7. I am on a computer so, I decided to buy a network adapter. It worked really great but when I installed windows 10 about 20 days ago my WIFI just kept cutting out (disconnecting) after 5-10 Minutes. It's really irritating and I can't get any...
  6. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode: Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys I used...
  7. BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I have been having a recurrent BSOD when I put the laptop to sleep and once when restarting. From what I could gather from the dumps it is a ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe error. Not entirely sure what is causing it. I believe I have all...
  8. Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly

Wifi Cutting In And Out Very Regularly: Hi guys - newbie here. I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I'm having a problem with my wifi. The signal isn't very strong in my room, and since upgrading, my laptop connects to the wifi for maybe a maximum of ten seconds before cutting out and searching for the network...
  9. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect: For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again...
  10. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    putting laptop to sleep: I was told by an IT Pro to put the laptop to sleep when I was done using it. Why then overnight at times i turn it on the next day and it is completely shut down, I must hit the power button to get it back on, who or why does this happen? 105593