Windows 10: WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect!

Discus and support WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ASUS X540S with Windows 10 will connect to my home WiFi fine for about 20 minutes, but will then suddenly disconnect. The name of the home WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PK33IC, Jun 12, 2019.

1. PK33IC Win User

WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect!

My ASUS X540S with Windows 10 will connect to my home WiFi fine for about 20 minutes, but will then suddenly disconnect. The name of the home WiFi will still be listed as secure, but when I try to connect to it, I get the message "Can't connect to this network." The only way to successfully reconnect is to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up, which is time consuming and frustrating. This problem is exacerbated by temperature change and planes flying overhead, but I know the problem isn't the WiFi/router because my smartphone is connected to it and experiences little to no interruptions. Any suggestions? Thank you for taking time out to help, it is greatly appreciated!

:)

PK33IC, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Lianachu Win User

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, have to restart to reconnect

It's actually the opposite problem to that; the wifi will disconnect while I'm using the laptop and restarting it or putting it to sleep and waking it back up again will reconnect it.

Lianachu, Jun 12, 2019
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Jun 12, 2019
  4. HeneryH Win User

After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever
    it is called it won't work.

Preliminary research seems to show that changing the power setting for the WiFi adapter via either

A) device mgr - wifi network adapter - properties - power settings tab or

B) using the power setting control panel then going to advanced and looking for the wifi adapter there

will fix it.

... but... I don't have either of those tabs available to me.

Some have said that laptops with AOAC (always on always connected) won't show these options.

How can I get my wifi to reconnect automatically when waking from sleep?

HeneryH, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. WiFi Cuts Out on Win10--Have to Put Laptop to Sleep to Reconnect! - Similar Threads - WiFi Cuts Win10

2. Why is wifi cutting out on my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is wifi cutting out on my Laptop?: I've been having this new problem where Wi-Fi cuts out in my laptop every 30 minutes or so. Usually it reconnects back immediately but I get worried every time it does this. It's always on 3/4 or 4/4 bars and the download speed is pretty fast, but it still disconnects. My...
  3. Why is wifi cutting out on my Laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is wifi cutting out on my Laptop?: I've been having this new problem where Wi-Fi cuts out in my laptop every 30 minutes or so. Usually it reconnects back immediately but I get worried every time it does this. It's always on 3/4 or 4/4 bars and the download speed is pretty fast, but it still disconnects. My...
  4. Why is wifi cutting out on my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  6. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  7. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  8. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WiFi Cuts Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Cuts Out: Since the recent Windows 10 upgrades, my WiFi will mysteriously cut out. It takes several tries on Wi-Fi settings to reconnect. Sometimes, I have to reboot my device to get a connection back. Has anyone else had this occur to them and, if so, are they aware of a...
  10. Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to: I am running Win10 (and have been since I bought this machine back in September), currently up-to-date with the last system & drivers updates on April 2nd (1 week ago) and the last Win Defender definitions update on 4/8 (yesterday, technically). My laptop was working just...