Windows 10: Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer

Discus and support Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As said in subject my wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer. It only lasts a few seconds but wifi seems to cut out entirely. Anyone have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lachlanElliott1, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer

As said in subject my wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer. It only lasts a few seconds but wifi seems to cut out entirely. Anyone have a solution?

:)

lachlanElliott1, Aug 19, 2021
  2. JackDXT Win User

Opening File Explorer causes WiFi to cut out

As said in the title, whenever I open File Explorer, my WiFi signal will cut for around 5 seconds. I don't know much of the reasoning why this is. I am using a TP-Link Archer T4E (Connected through PCIe), with the latest drivers, and using a 5G WiFi signal.

JackDXT, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer

1. Wifi cuts out whenever I open file explorer - Similar Threads - Wifi cuts whenever

2. Whenever I enter a game my wifi cuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I enter a game my wifi cuts: Hi, I have a strange problem. Every time I enter a game, my ping goes up like beamng and my internet starts to cut off. I have another external wifi adapter Archer T3 Plus and I have no problem with it.Note: The Driver starts acting weird only after launching a game or while...
  3. Whenever I enter a game my wifi cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I enter a game my wifi cuts: Hi, I have a strange problem. Every time I enter a game, my ping goes up like beamng and my internet starts to cut off. I have another external wifi adapter Archer T3 Plus and I have no problem with it.Note: The Driver starts acting weird only after launching a game or while...
  4. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  5. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  6. PC's wifi lags whenever I open files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC's wifi lags whenever I open files.: Noticed especially whenever I'm in a discord call or in an online class, whenever I open file explorer to find something or open some other file my PC's wifi will lag or cut out causing me to reconnect or just not hear the call for a bit. Only started happening recently and...
  7. Opening File Explorer causes WiFi to cut out

Opening File Explorer causes WiFi to cut out: As said in the title, whenever I open File Explorer, my WiFi signal will cut for around 5 seconds. I don't know much of the reasoning why this is. I am using a TP-Link Archer T4E Connected through PCIe, with the latest drivers, and using a 5G WiFi signal....
  8. Wifi cutting out randomly

Wifi cutting out randomly: Sometimes, maybe once or twice a week, my wifi cuts off on my computer randomly. It only lasts for around ten seconds before reconnecting, but it really interrupts games. The wifi on my other devices doesn't cut out, only on my computer and I don't know how to fix it :...
  9. wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi keeps cutting out: Whenever I'm not doing anything network intensive my wifi cuts out, when the wifi cuts out I have to reset the network adapter to get it working again. I have disabled "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", but unfortunately that doesn't fix it; this...
  10. WiFi Cuts Out

WiFi Cuts Out: Since the recent Windows 10 upgrades, my WiFi will mysteriously cut out. It takes several tries on Wi-Fi settings to reconnect. Sometimes, I have to reboot my device to get a connection back. Has anyone else had this occur to them and, if so, are they aware of a...