Windows 10: WiFi Cuts Out

Discus and support WiFi Cuts Out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the recent Windows 10 upgrades, my WiFi will mysteriously cut out. It takes several tries on Wi-Fi settings to reconnect. Sometimes, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConSweeney, Jun 23, 2020.

1. WiFi Cuts Out

Since the recent Windows 10 upgrades, my WiFi will mysteriously cut out.

It takes several tries on Wi-Fi settings to reconnect.

Sometimes, I have to reboot my device to get a connection back.

Has anyone else had this occur to them and, if so, are they aware of a fix?

Many thanks and stay safe!

:)

ConSweeney, Jun 23, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    WINDOW 10 wifi keep cutting off

Hi Abu,

Based on the details provided, there are a lot of possible factors for this matter to occur. One possibility is
    that your network components or the TCP/IP were corrupted or reconfigured during the update. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting and check if there are any changes:

Update drivers

To know how to update drivers, kindly refer to this
    link.

Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your network connection.

Disable auto turn-off of
    WiFi device.

• Go to
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click
      Change adapter settings
      on the right pane.

• Right-click your
      connection name(WiFi
      name) and choose
      Properties.

• Click on
      Configure...
      button.

• Go to
      Power Management
      tab.

• Uncheck/disable
      the check box radio for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save
      power".

• Restart the PC
      (Important).

Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 23, 2020
  4. WiFi Cuts Out

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Cuts Out

1. WiFi Cuts Out - Similar Threads - WiFi Cuts

2. My Wifi connection cuts out when I run anything computationally intensive, especially games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi connection cuts out when I run anything computationally intensive, especially games: I'm running windows 11 on a pc I built about 6 months ago. My internet and everything has been fine until about 2-3 weeks ago. All of a sudden for no reason, the moment i launch a video game, pretty much any video game, my internet just cuts out. It loses connect, and the...
  3. My Wifi connection cuts out when I run anything computationally intensive, especially games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi connection cuts out when I run anything computationally intensive, especially games: I'm running windows 11 on a pc I built about 6 months ago. My internet and everything has been fine until about 2-3 weeks ago. All of a sudden for no reason, the moment i launch a video game, pretty much any video game, my internet just cuts out. It loses connect, and the...
  4. Other WiFi option is not visible when current WiFi cuts out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other WiFi option is not visible when current WiFi cuts out.: Might sound of a strange question, hard to fit my issue in one sentence.My WiFi sometimes cuts out, and I understand this is not a Windows issue. When it does cut out, I get a globe icon bottom left where the WiFi logo was. That’s all fine and understandable. However, when...
  5. Other WiFi option is not visible when current WiFi cuts out.

Other WiFi option is not visible when current WiFi cuts out.: Might sound of a strange question, hard to fit my issue in one sentence.My WiFi sometimes cuts out, and I understand this is not a Windows issue. When it does cut out, I get a globe icon bottom left where the WiFi logo was. That’s all fine and understandable. However, when...
  6. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Wifi cut outs while gaming: Hello i Have been getting bad wifi cutouts on every game i play it randomly does it and in event viewer doesnt really show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-wifi-cut-outs-while-gaming/a2f4d864-c79c-4179-b915-2c066552c106
  7. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

Random Wifi cut outs while gaming: Hello i Have been getting bad wifi cutouts on every game i play it randomly does it and in event viewer doesnt really show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-wifi-cut-outs-while-gaming/a2f4d864-c79c-4179-b915-2c066552c106
  8. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.: Hey Guys i got some issues with my PC. Im trying to play a little but for some reason my wifi just randomly cuts off only on my PC then just comes back. I have searched the forum but i didnt find anything due to me not being the best english speaker and not finding the tab...
  10. My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.: Hey Guys i got some issues with my PC. Im trying to play a little but for some reason my wifi just randomly cuts off only on my PC then just comes back. I have searched the forum but i didnt find anything due to me not being the best english speaker and not finding the tab...