Windows 10: WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

Discus and support WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I get a Router to find a WiFi Adapter so that the WiFi adapter can pick up the Router WiFi signal ? The WiFi Router is useless as it needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SonicSkunk, Mar 21, 2021.

1. WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

How do I get a Router to find a WiFi Adapter so that the WiFi adapter can pick up the Router WiFi signal ?

The WiFi Router is useless as it needs to inherit a WiFi signal for it to work. I had Windows find the device once, but then I couldn't get it to find it again ?

submitted by /u/SonicSkunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SonicSkunk, Mar 21, 2021
  2. mlee49 Win User

best wifi device??

Definately a PCI wifi card with multiple antenna's is going to get a better signal than a USB key. Some USB key adapters have a 'dock' with a USB extension wire that can help act like a better antenna, but the PCI's will work better.

Have you thought of running the signal through your house's 120 wall outlet? That would be a broadband connection vs a wifi connection.

Also, what wifi router do you have?

mlee49, Mar 21, 2021
  3. richtrfc Win User
    Wifi not stable or connecting to devices

Hi all,

Sorry, a newbie here looking for some advice on a long-standing WiFi issue that I need to finally tackle! This looks a good, busy forum, so hoping this is the place to resolve things!

We have Sky Broadband and when using wired connections from the router, everything is fine. Good speeds, next to no downtime, no problems. However, the WiFi has never been good.

While the laptop may connect occasionally, newer devices such as tablets, iphones, kindle, etc just do not. As the router was very old, I upgraded last month to the latest Sky Broadband Hub thinking this would do the trick.

This has not helped at all, and on the few occasions we get the kindle to connect, the signal is poor and it takes hours (literally) to download a single app.

I have tried using different channels (no neighboring channels as at the back of a cul-de-sac with elderly neighbors!) and also using each of the security settings types. When we had the old router (netgear), turning all security off would sometimes do the trick, but that doesn't even work with the new Hub.

To further confuse me, a few months back I extended the network to the shed by running an ethernet cable from the main router to another router I bought off ebay. This all works perfectly, including outstanding wifi when in the garden from this router.

Have I just been unlucky with two dodgy routers in the house, or is there a more technical explanation? Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

richtrfc, Mar 21, 2021
  4. dgordon42 Win User

WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router

Hi,
    I'm using a Huawei E5372 4G mobile WiFi.
    I'm also in an area with a good 4G signal.
    I use this device to connect 4 computers, a Windows phone, and an iPod to the internet, and it works really well.

All the computers connect via WiFi, and are networked to each other.
    It is possible to connect via USB, but I don't, as the WiFi is much handier.

The WiFi signal is not as strong as the signal from a WiFi router. If you are in a large building, with thick brick walls, you may be better off with the router option.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

dgordon42, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

1. WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal. - Similar Threads - WiFi Device connect

2. Connection to WiFi router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  3. WIFI Signal Slow on the device

WIFI Signal Slow on the device: I recently changed the hard drive of my laptop from HDD to SSD but for some reason on this particular device the wifi signal receiving strength is low like until I sit right beside my internet router the signal wont reach my laptop like if I go in some other room or somewhere...
  4. Connecting to non-router wifi

Connecting to non-router wifi: Besides my wireless router, I have several other wifi "networks" in my home, that do not provide Internet service. For example, one of my endoscope cameras has such a network. When I disconnect from the router and connect to one of these, the "WLAN-Autoconfig" service part...
  5. WIFI signal

WIFI signal: Would the newest Windows 10 update cause my older Toshiba Satelite laptop to not be able to recognize my WIFI signal? Since about mid-May, my Xfinity WIFI signal is not displayed in the Network Internet access popup box. I can see many of my neighbors' signals at a much...
  6. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  7. WiFi signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi signal: Hello I installed Windows 10 recently, I saw the signal is not normal as usual The router is very close to the laptop and the signal is very weak. Notic:-(changed my hard drive to ssd)...
  8. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...
  9. wifi router

wifi router: I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router is a Sagemcom fast 5260...
  10. Wifi-Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi-Router: Hi i'm 17 I don't know a lot about computers I got this Windows 10 desktop on Christmas, Yea won't lie about it. I have been having trouble with connection to games ever since I moved to the basement I did a speed test and my ping is 8, Download 36Mbps, and upload is...