Windows 10: WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10

Discus and support WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my smartphone I can see a WIFI Direct connection with my Windows 10 PC and the connection has a name like: DIRECT-Kxpc namemsUI. A couple of my LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuigiG49, May 21, 2024.

1. LuigiG49 Win User

WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10

On my smartphone I can see a WIFI Direct connection with my Windows 10 PC and the connection has a name like: DIRECT-Kxpc namemsUI. A couple of my LAN cards allow WIFI Direct connection so nothing strange about the presence of this connection. The fact is that I haven't found which network card that name is associated with and also to connect from the smartphone one of these alternative choices is required from connection : - Password - Device MAC - Random MAC I made some attempts with the MAC addresses of my cards but without success and also the passwords and the random MAC did not work.Ma

:)

LuigiG49, May 21, 2024

2. How to turn on Wifi-Direct on Windows 10 laptop

how do I turn on wifi direct on a windows 10 laptop? I am trying to transfer a folder from my android smartphone to my laptop using wifi direct since I cant do it using a usb cord or bluetooth.

Unknown NameVU, May 21, 2024
  3. Maurice Win User
    How do i share files between my samsung smartphone and windows 10 using wifi direct?

I am trying to upload a large video file from my samsung s6 to my laptop that has windows 10 on it. I've used it in the past but forgot how to do it. Surprisingly i can't find anything useful (ie a step-by-step guide) explaining how to turn wifi direct on when on a windows 10 machine. Can anyone please tell me how to turn it on?

Thank you

Maurice, May 21, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2024
Thema:

1. WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WIFI Direct smartphone

2. WIFI direct question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI direct question: I'm really sorry to post this on Miscrosoft forums since this question is about a different product, I have searched internet but didn't find any convincing info, and I know that this forum has amazing experts and very tech savvy people and I got great help here every time I...
  3. WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10: On my smartphone I can see a WIFI Direct connection with my Windows 10 PC and the connection has a name like: DIRECT-Kxpc namemsUI. A couple of my LAN cards allow WIFI Direct connection so nothing strange about the presence of this connection. The fact is that I haven't found...
  4. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  5. Wifi direct printer

Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  6. uplaod photos from smartphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uplaod photos from smartphone: Why can't I upload photos to my desktop from my smartphone? I have Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uplaod-photos-from-smartphone/8e97222e-bd54-44c5-adf0-d0bc9bca4307
  7. uplaod photos from smartphone

uplaod photos from smartphone: Why can't I upload photos to my desktop from my smartphone? I have Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uplaod-photos-from-smartphone/8e97222e-bd54-44c5-adf0-d0bc9bca4307
  8. Wifi direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi direct: I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps...
  9. Wifi Direct

Wifi Direct: I want to use wifi direct to move images from a Sony A6000 camera to my PC running W10. Is this possible or can it only be done on mobile devices? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/8ae5cda8-26c0-4459-9e62-a23dec3f0769
  10. wifi direct

wifi direct: how do i activate wifi direct on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/a6cf58fd-93a3-4c61-8996-8225dac29a84