Windows 10: WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10

Discus and support WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my smartphone I can see a WIFI Direct connection with my Windows 10 PC and the connection has a name like: DIRECT-Kxpc namemsUI. A couple of my LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LuigiG49, May 21, 2024.

1. LuigiG49 Win User

WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10

On my smartphone I can see a WIFI Direct connection with my Windows 10 PC and the connection has a name like: DIRECT-Kxpc namemsUI. A couple of my LAN cards allow WIFI Direct connection so nothing strange about the presence of this connection. The fact is that I haven't found which network card that name is associated with and also to connect from the smartphone one of these alternative choices is required from connection : - Password - Device MAC - Random MAC I made some attempts with the MAC addresses of my cards but without success and also the passwords and the random MAC did not work.Ma

:)

LuigiG49, May 21, 2024

2. How to turn on Wifi-Direct on Windows 10 laptop

how do I turn on wifi direct on a windows 10 laptop? I am trying to transfer a folder from my android smartphone to my laptop using wifi direct since I cant do it using a usb cord or bluetooth.

Unknown NameVU, May 21, 2024
  3. Maurice Win User
    How do i share files between my samsung smartphone and windows 10 using wifi direct?

I am trying to upload a large video file from my samsung s6 to my laptop that has windows 10 on it. I've used it in the past but forgot how to do it. Surprisingly i can't find anything useful (ie a step-by-step guide) explaining how to turn wifi direct on when on a windows 10 machine. Can anyone please tell me how to turn it on?

Thank you

Maurice, May 21, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2024
Thema:

1. WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WIFI Direct smartphone

2. WIFI direct question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI direct question: I'm really sorry to post this on Miscrosoft forums since this question is about a different product, I have searched internet but didn't find any convincing info, and I know that this forum has amazing experts and very tech savvy people and I got great help here every time I...
  3. WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10

WIFI Direct from smartphone to Windows 10: On my smartphone I can see a WIFI Direct connection with my Windows 10 PC and the connection has a name like: DIRECT-Kxpc namemsUI. A couple of my LAN cards allow WIFI Direct connection so nothing strange about the presence of this connection. The fact is that I haven't found...
  4. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  5. Wifi direct printer

Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  6. uplaod photos from smartphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uplaod photos from smartphone: Why can't I upload photos to my desktop from my smartphone? I have Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uplaod-photos-from-smartphone/8e97222e-bd54-44c5-adf0-d0bc9bca4307
  7. uplaod photos from smartphone

uplaod photos from smartphone: Why can't I upload photos to my desktop from my smartphone? I have Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uplaod-photos-from-smartphone/8e97222e-bd54-44c5-adf0-d0bc9bca4307
  8. Wifi direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi direct: I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps...
  9. Wifi Direct

Wifi Direct: I want to use wifi direct to move images from a Sony A6000 camera to my PC running W10. Is this possible or can it only be done on mobile devices? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/8ae5cda8-26c0-4459-9e62-a23dec3f0769
  10. wifi direct

wifi direct: how do i activate wifi direct on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/a6cf58fd-93a3-4c61-8996-8225dac29a84