Windows 10: Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet

Discus and support Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Similar to a previous post titled "Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet" my WiFi Direct Win 10 Hotspot worked fine for about 2 hours with my ROKU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DIYoverdose, May 29, 2024.

1. Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet

Similar to a previous post titled "Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet" my WiFi Direct Win 10 Hotspot worked fine for about 2 hours with my ROKU as the connected device. Then the connection went dead. To test the Hotspot I've tried connecting my Android phone. It sees the HotSpot but says 'No Internet". I've tried everything possibly useful in the referenced article except for 2: my machine was not set up to enable restore points, and there is no way on the ROKU for me to set the DNS addresses. I've also tried reinstalling my VPN. By selecting the OpenVPN protocol and the VyprVPN ad

:)

DIYoverdose, May 29, 2024
  2. Matt2020 Win User

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I completely removed AVS security and hotspot started working fine. Now out of the blue stopped working again (I did not reinstall AVS )

Could it be setting in defender or ????????

Matt2020, May 29, 2024
  3. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, May 29, 2024
  4. Sforzand0 Win User

Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet

PC stops recognising wifi hotspot

I use a mobile wifi hotspot device for internet, and also sometimes as a back up I use my phone's wifi hotspot. I can usually connect these wirelessly to my HP desktop all-in-one computer, which is running Windows 10.

However, sometimes the internet will be working fine, and then all of a sudden the internet will become unavailable, and the wifi hotspot device will drop off the list of internet servers. Also if I try to connect my phone's internet at this time it won't
    pick up my phone's internet either. In fact, sometimes it won't even list any of the neighbours' wifi either (there's usually four or five). To get it working again I have to restart the computer.

I suspect it is to do with the computer, not the wifi devices (because when it happens, no wifi devices will work, and restarting the computer fixes it).

Any help appreciated.

Sforzand0, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet

1. Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet - Similar Threads - Wifi Direct Hotspot

2. Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet: Similar to a previous post titled "Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet" my WiFi Direct Win 10 Hotspot worked fine for about 2 hours with my ROKU as the connected device. Then the connection went dead. To test the Hotspot I've tried connecting my Android phone. It sees...
  3. Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Direct Hotspot via VyprVPN stopped working - Now no Internet: Similar to a previous post titled "Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet" my WiFi Direct Win 10 Hotspot worked fine for about 2 hours with my ROKU as the connected device. Then the connection went dead. To test the Hotspot I've tried connecting my Android phone. It sees...
  4. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  5. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  6. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: WiFi hotspot with no internet I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's...
  8. Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN: Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I completely removed AVS security and hotspot started working fine. Now out of the blue stopped working again (I did not reinstall...
  9. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet...
  10. Printer stopped working via WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer stopped working via WiFi: My printer Kodak Verite 50 worked well via wireless connection. But I changed the router id and password. After that my printer is not working via wifi. Please help me to resume wireless printing....