Windows 10: Wifi direct

Discus and support Wifi direct in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jakeanator9045, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Wifi direct

I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps attempting to connect and asks for confirmation on laptop but nothing show up. Current wifi card is Intel wimax 6150 sn: 20-002543. Running windows 10, not by choice. Please help I don't wanna use hdmi because I already have all the hdmi connections taken up on the tv.

:)

Jakeanator9045, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Elbuort Win User

Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Hi, really hoping we can find an answer to your question...

In my case, I too have enabled a hosted network using the netsh commands, but my android devices are unable to connect to it...always giving an "authentication error"...the password entered is definitely correct however. I have successfully used Connectify on the computer and connected my devices to it, BUT I am looking for a native solution because this desktop I am using is quite a dinosaur and the Connectify services and interface severely tax my system resources.

The reason I am zeroing in on Wifi Direct functions like you are is because Connectify includes an option for "Prefer Wifi Direct" for connections....enabling THAT option is the only way for my devices to use my Connectify hotspot. Again though, I would like to stop relying on Connectify and instead enable this functionality via the Command Line

Actually Kofoed, I suggest you try Connectify, it may just be the answer you are looking for, but for me, I'm hoping for guidance on controlling/enabling Wifi Direct via netsh commands and the like, in conjunction with the hosted network functionality.

Thanks

Elbuort, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Maban Win User
    WiFi Direct on a airplane?

I don't want WiFi; I want WiFi Direct so I can use my Shield Controller with my Shield Tablet. The flights I'm going on don't even offer WiFi.

Maban, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Maban Win User

Wifi direct

WiFi Direct on a airplane?

Since so many planes are equipped with WiFi, is it safe to assume I can use WiFi Direct to use my controller with my tablet? I'm flying Delta and KLM.

Maban, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Wifi direct

1. Wifi direct - Similar Threads - Wifi direct

2. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer supports wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  3. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer support wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  4. How can I use wifi direct to connect two computers on win11 with wlan card, or connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use wifi direct to connect two computers on win11 with wlan card, or connect...: I have a desktop with asus b650-a wifi motherboard, which has a MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 RZ616 160MHz Wireless LAN Card. Since win11 drop the wireless hosted network and I cannot access to internet, I cannot use hotspot on win11 and can only choose wifi direct to connect...
  5. How can I use wifi direct to connect two computers on win11 with wlan card, or connect...

How can I use wifi direct to connect two computers on win11 with wlan card, or connect...: I have a desktop with asus b650-a wifi motherboard, which has a MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 RZ616 160MHz Wireless LAN Card. Since win11 drop the wireless hosted network and I cannot access to internet, I cannot use hotspot on win11 and can only choose wifi direct to connect...
  6. Windows using WiFi instead of direct Ethernet to NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows using WiFi instead of direct Ethernet to NAS: So basically, I have a janky NAS I made in my Ubuntu server with Samba. It's connected to my local network via WiFi I know this isn't ideal, but my server isn't ideal anyways but since my PC and my server have NICs, I decided to hook them right up for a way faster connection...
  7. Windows using WiFi instead of direct Ethernet to NAS

Windows using WiFi instead of direct Ethernet to NAS: So basically, I have a janky NAS I made in my Ubuntu server with Samba. It's connected to my local network via WiFi I know this isn't ideal, but my server isn't ideal anyways but since my PC and my server have NICs, I decided to hook them right up for a way faster connection...
  8. Windows using WiFi instead of direct Ethernet to NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?: Good morning,I work for a school district and we are encountering an issue where it appears that Wi-Fi Direct or Miracast is causing interference with our Wireless Access Points, which is causing network performance issues. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this...
  10. WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?

WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?: Good morning,I work for a school district and we are encountering an issue where it appears that Wi-Fi Direct or Miracast is causing interference with our Wireless Access Points, which is causing network performance issues. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this...