Windows 10: WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time

Discus and support WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my wifi connection always disabled after some amount of time (some time 2 hours or 3 or 1 or 4 after i turn on and connect to wifi) and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by delanojustine, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time

my wifi connection always disabled after some amount of time (some time 2 hours or 3 or 1 or 4 after i turn on and connect to wifi) and I cannot connect to any wifi after that, but my others gadget is no problem at all in connecting to the wifi so i think the problem is not in the router . I need to restart my laptop every time when this issue happen. And I just restarting my laptop WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time :)

i already run the troubleshoot and it's detect something in the qualcomm atheros

Help me please

:)

delanojustine, Dec 7, 2018

2. WiFi problems on my Lumia 650

Hi, the problem affects multiple users, the page you linked describes the standard procedures for wifi and internet. But this is not a standard problem:

• The Lumia 650 connects to wifi (so there isn't any wrong password or mac address or whatever problem on the router side)
    • After a undefined amount of time (mostly a couple of hours) the phone disconnects from the wifi and:
      • the toggle in the action center says "Internet not available" (but it's not true, all other devices on that network are working fine)
      • if you try to switch off/on the wifi then the phone refuse to connect to the wifi network, with a message "Cannot connect to this network"
      • if you remove the connection from the known networks and re-add it then says "Password incorrect"
    • The only way to restore working wifi is to reboot the phone (off/on or soft reset)
    • After reboot the phone reconnects to the network without any issues, but after few hours the problem reappears again, and so on.
    Other people suggest to disable location or wifi sensor or bluetooth, but nothing of these workarounds work.

GiorgioLoi, Dec 7, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

Hi there

This method often works

1) in Settings switch WI-FI OFF
    2) in control panel (still works !! --right mouse click on start button -->hardware--devices--network_adapters -- select DISABLE.
    3) (Optional step but it's better to do it) - re-boot computer
    4) Back to control panel now RE-ENABLE the wifi adapter
    5) back to settings - set wifi switch to ON

Now you should see a list of local Wi-Fi networks including yours
    6) Connect.

Ensure also you haven't got anything near your laptop which could interfere with Wifi signal such as microwave ovens, TV senders etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 7, 2018
  4. WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time

Wifi completely disabled

Hi Ben,

It seems that your wireless card may have been disabled or could be uninstalled. To help sort out this issue, I suggest that you restart your laptop first. Once the laptop is back on, check if your WiFi is reconnected. If not, check your laptop's Device
    Manager and see if the wireless card is detected. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters and look for your WiFi adapter.
    • If it's there, right-click it and click Properties.
    • Check the Device status.

If the device status shows that the device is working properly, then check if the Airplane mode on your laptop is turned on. Just press the
    Windows key + A to open Action Center. If it's on, then turn it off and see if WiFi is working.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time

1. WIFI disabled after undefined amount of time - Similar Threads - WIFI disabled undefined

2. Computer bluescreening after random amounts of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bluescreening after random amounts of time: Here is all of the minidumps I have. I had recently factory reset my pc so im not sure why I am bluescreening.https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gws2h8l796an0pf4ujclc/Minidump.zip?rlkey=nrdsclrfy27s626b4fwbaq7px&dl=0...
  3. Computer bluescreening after random amounts of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer bluescreening after random amounts of time: Here is all of the minidumps I have. I had recently factory reset my pc so im not sure why I am bluescreening.https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gws2h8l796an0pf4ujclc/Minidump.zip?rlkey=nrdsclrfy27s626b4fwbaq7px&dl=0...
  4. After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.: For the past 2 days I've been having this issue where after a certain amount of time after startup, I am unable to open any application. I've so far had no issue with system applications and this issue is persistent on all drives. I've done a scan on boot to check for any...
  5. Undefined index:

Undefined index:: My goodness, here again. with I thought would be simple. Object is to add 1 to the "receiptno" in the "numbers" table and print the receiptno. please tell me in lay terms what is wrong. ---------------------------------- code: <?php $server = "localhost"; $user = "root";...
  6. Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time: [ATTACH] This has been going on for about a month or so. After running my computer for an hour or so, most the applications will either shut down, or freeze entirely. Even if I'm not using my pc, and I leave chrome running in the background then it will still crash Chrome...
  7. Wifi stop working after a random amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi stop working after a random amount of time: Hello there, I'm in trouble with my laptop wifi. Sometimes while I'm using it the net goes down and then I can't reconnect to none of the nets that my wifi finds as if everyone of them are unavaiable. I just w7 to w10, maybe some drivers issues? How can I investigate this...
  8. Undefined problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undefined problem: Hello everyone, I wonder why my Window 10 become no font in start and notification area? Is that virus attack? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undefined-problem/8d424da2-60f1-4a96-b206-7ec8efdbcf3b
  9. Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!: The games crash after an inconsistent amount of time like stated. Sometimes the games crash after 1 or 2 minutes, sometimes after 1,2 or even 3 hours. This happens most in GTA:V and Minecraft. It is unplayable in its current state. The pc is brand new ( less than one month...
  10. Auto Startup Steam after x amount of time

Auto Startup Steam after x amount of time: Hey people! Hope y'all are well! Is there at all any possible way I can force Steam to auto launch at system startup after at least 1 minute after log on? For some reason at the moment Steam will try to connect before my Internet connection has made a connection and it...