Windows 10: WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

Discus and support WiFi Disables when connected to Internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 disables WiFi when connected to Ethernet on Dell Laptop. BIOS setting to power save WiFi disabled. No Dell WiFi software installed. I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bog_Boy, Apr 14, 2020.

1. WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

Windows 10 disables WiFi when connected to Ethernet on Dell Laptop. BIOS setting to power save WiFi disabled. No Dell WiFi software installed. I’ve figured this is a Windows 10 issue. Impossible to search on Google because the algorithm assumes I am looking for ways to ENABLE the disabling of WiFi on Ethernet. Why do I need it? WiFi is required for miracast. Thanks in advance!!

submitted by /u/Bog_Boy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bog_Boy, Apr 14, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Apr 14, 2020
  4. WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

1. WiFi Disables when connected to Internet - Similar Threads - WiFi Disables connected

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. Disable internet connection then re connect internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable internet connection then re connect internet?: How do I disable then enable my internet connection in Win 10 without permanently altering all my configurations.? I used to be able to do this quickly in Win 7....
  5. "WiFi connected but no Internet"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "WiFi connected but no Internet": My pixel 3a and my mom's iPhone was working perfectly fine in the morning, after I stopped using briefly it said "WiFi connected no internet". I tried restarting my router and phone multiple times and forgetting the network, setting my connection to unmetered. I also used...
  6. Wifi connected but no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi connected but no internet: Yesterday I turned on my pc and it had no internet, normal at first for it to take a second to connect, so I walked away and got a drink or something and it still had no internet. It said "Connected, no Internet". I've already run the troubleshoot tool and it said that my IP...
  7. auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected

auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected: Hi I had auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected, using a Realtek App, which worked extremeley well, it was accidently uninstalled, now i cant find this app anywhere. was called wifi monitor i think. Apparently there is a way of doing this within windows, but need...
  8. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  9. Configure windows 10 to connect to wifi disabling internet

Configure windows 10 to connect to wifi disabling internet: Hi How can I connect my PC to wifi disabling internet connection? At home I have a number of PCs connected to a printer via wifi and to a router with internet connection. In one of the PCs I don't want to have internet but I want it connected to the printer via wifi. In a...
  10. Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.: Why is bluetooth disabled when the internet connection is metered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-disabled-when-internet-connection-is/6aa954c8-8bb7-4290-a632-b347e88668da