Windows 10: Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

Discus and support Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kev173, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Kev173 Win User

Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried "reset network" and windows wouldn't load which resulted in recovery. This second time dug deeper into problem and found out that wifi driver couldn't start after sleep. I spent 2 and half hours trying bring it back to life without success. This only led me just to recovery again+cherry on top in the form of inability of win

:)

Kev173, Oct 9, 2022
  2. kentosan Win User

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Oct 9, 2022
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Oct 9, 2022
  4. antzshrek Win User

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Oct 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep - Similar Threads - Wifi disappeared laptop

2. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  3. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  4. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  5. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep: Hello, I know this issue has been raised a couple of times and I have read most of the troubleshooting provided on other forums but to no avail. I would like to raise this issue again with hopes of finding solutions. Issue: When waking up from sleep, Wifi is disconnected....
  7. Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.: When I wake my computer up from sleep the apps will be there but other than that it behaves like a normal startup after shutdown. After awhile it will only respond t the power button. Once it wakes up it re loads everything. Another thing it does is it will go through the...
  8. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  9. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  10. Black Screen Disappears after computer is woken up

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Disappears after computer is woken up: I just want to know if anyone with a laptop or other computer has had this happen to them. I am happy about it, but it was kind of weird. My computer went to a black screen again after installation, but after waiting for a while my computer fell asleep and I went to wake it...