Windows 10: Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor

Discus and support Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, so this problem happened on the 29th. Everything was normal, but then I moved my monitor a couple inches so it could be easily reached. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CoyDioscuri, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor

Hi, so this problem happened on the 29th.

Everything was normal, but then I moved my monitor a couple inches so it could be easily reached. After that, I noticed the wifi wasn't connected and when I clicked to connect all the networks were gone. Occasionally, my hotspot would pop up, but it would only have 1 bar and basically either wouldn't connect or it would and the connection would be so slow it couldn't do anything. I moved it back to the original spot cause I figured that would work, but it didn't. None of the other networks show up, and if they do they'll be there for like a minute then disappear again.

I've tried a lot of things such as restarting my pc, forgetting the networks, deleting some things not sure what they were as I'm not a tech person, but I followed some articles., updating Windows, and so on. Currently I'm trying to do a hard reset, but I have to download some media thing and it's been on 1% for about 30 minutes.

At this point I really don't know what to do. I use my pc for gaming, and I'm just getting extremely frustrated that nothing will work. I bought a game the day this happened and it annoys me that I can't even download it because of this problem.

Here are some pics to maybe help, as I'm not the best at explaining this problem-

This is what it should looks like. This screenshot was taken by my Chromebook. The internet works perfectly everywhere else besides my pc.

Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor a9b354e3-faaa-4f99-b283-23696950192e?upload=true.png

And here is what the internet on my pc looks like- As you can see the connection is horrible, and if I try to connect to the networks it will not let me. This time Netgear and that other network showed up, usually the only one there is my hotspot, but it doesn't mater that much since I can't connect to anything.

Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor b20035ec-9ad0-407a-a575-19f38ba0ce06?upload=true.jpg

Any advice will help, thank you.

:)

CoyDioscuri, Jan 31, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Very poor connectivity...

What wifi router/access point are you using and what Intel wifi card are you using?

By "disconnecting" do you mean that you actually see the wifi icon go to:
    Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor [​IMG]

Or does the icon stay at
    and you just see the upload fail?

PolarNettles, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor

Very poor connectivity...

Modem is a Zyxel C1100Z. ISP said modem was to blame. I purchased a replacement, problem persisted. Century Link replaced it and pretty much gave up. The card is
    Have never noticed if the wifi icon changes, but I will try and upload some images. Be back shortly.

doug crann, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor

1. Wifi Disappears and Connection Is Extremely Poor - Similar Threads - Wifi Disappears Connection

2. My Wifi connection disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi connection disappeared: I just got my wifi connection disappeared. Then on the connection adapter, the wifi adapter is also lost. While the device manager is also not found qualcoom driverEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎31/‎01/‎2023 OS build 19045.2604 Experience Windows Feature...
  3. My Wifi connection disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi connection disappeared: I just got my wifi connection disappeared. Then on the connection adapter, the wifi adapter is also lost. While the device manager is also not found qualcoom driverEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎31/‎01/‎2023 OS build 19045.2604 Experience Windows Feature...
  4. My Wifi connection disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Extremely poor customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely poor customer service: I continue to be shocked by the lack of customer support from Microsoft. When I arrange for a customer support phone call, it is not identified as Microsoft but as some unknown telephone number. Also, if I arrange for an online chat, the email confirmation lacks information...
  6. Extremely poor customer service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely poor customer service: I continue to be shocked by the lack of customer support from Microsoft. When I arrange for a customer support phone call, it is not identified as Microsoft but as some unknown telephone number. Also, if I arrange for an online chat, the email confirmation lacks information...
  7. NZXT prebuilt poor WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NZXT prebuilt poor WIFI connection: Hey guys! So I recently got a NZXT prebuilt PC with a preinstalled WIFI Adapter and Windows 10. I've booted it up and it works fine but one major issue I'm having is with my WIFI connection. I'm getting full bars on my iPad, iPhone and MacBook but only 2-3/4 bars on my PC...
  8. poor WIFI connectivity and network porblems

poor WIFI connectivity and network porblems: so just few hours ago I restarted my laptop, which I don't do often. After the reboot I found out that I cant connect to any network without it being "limited" or just "secured", with no internet connection in reality. I tried pining google for that. Trying to solve the...
  9. wifi connectivity poor after update.

wifi connectivity poor after update.: we have multiple laptops and the ones running WIN 10 keep shuting the wifi adapter off'. The fix for this was to uncheck the connect automatically box for the adapter in the notification pane. I was able to use ethernet and after getting closer to the router, I had decent...
  10. Extremely Poor Download Speed

Extremely Poor Download Speed: I've been having many problems lately with downloads on my PC (running Windows 10 Home). Internet speed is completely fine during most times, but when I attempt to download anything (games, software, etc.) My download speed is AWFUL and usually ends in an error. I have tested...