Windows 10: WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In

Discus and support WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What happened:Every time I plugged my USB HDD to the PC, the WiFi disconnects and wouldn't reconnect again even if I turn on and off the WiFi from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ananda perdana1, Aug 19, 2022.

1. WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In

What happened:Every time I plugged my USB HDD to the PC, the WiFi disconnects and wouldn't reconnect again even if I turn on and off the WiFi from Windows AND unplug then plug in the WiFi module again until I unplug the HDD.My USB WiFi : https://www.tp-link.com/id/home-networking/adapter/tl-wn823n/I've already use the latest driver from their site, both plugged in to the back USB 3 port of the motherboard.So what should I do now to fix this?

:)

ananda perdana1, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Dice Vil Win User

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Anak Win User
    my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

4. WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In

Portable HDD not responding after plugged into xbox one

Hi,

My Portable WD Elements HDD 2TB is not responding after being plugged into the xboxone.

Still appears in the sys tray to safely remove device, drivers up to date etc.

To use external hdd in the xboxone you need to format etc for xbox, which was not done, and now not responding from the pc

windows 10

Any one else find this ?

cheers

MalcolmPaulGraham, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In

1. WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In - Similar Threads - WiFi Disconnect Portable

2. WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In: What happened:Every time I plugged my USB HDD to the PC, the WiFi disconnects and wouldn't reconnect again even if I turn on and off the WiFi from Windows AND unplug then plug in the WiFi module again until I unplug the HDD.My USB WiFi :...
  3. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged: Hello,We have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We try to connect but it only works 5 seconds. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters also try to update and rollback them, check registry and GPO, and nothing...
  4. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged: Hello,We have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We try to connect but it only works 5 seconds. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters also try to update and rollback them, check registry and GPO, and nothing...
  5. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Wifi auto disconnect after plug in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi auto disconnect after plug in: Hi, I have a question here. The problem I have encountered is some what weird. When my laptop is on battery mode, everything works fine but after I plug in to charge my laptop, then I cant connect my wifi anymore and I have to restart to solve the problem. I have just...
  7. Wifi disconnects when plugged in but not on battery

Wifi disconnects when plugged in but not on battery: I can connect my laptop to the router with a cable and there are no problems. If I use WiFi there are sometimes drops. I run the troubleshooter and that will fix it for a while. If my laptop was plugged in to battery, I can unplug it and the problem goes away. I have two...
  8. WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in

WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in: Hello, we have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters, check presence of third party programs and nothing is set wrong to do that. It started doing after Windows 10 update on...
  9. BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when inserting portable usb hdd: My Hp Notebook automatically starts a BSOD restart cycle when I insert my Seagate 3TB portable hdd. I can't even get to the boot screen, it's just a nonstop cycle. I tried safe mode, that also continued the cycle once the usb was inserted. If I take that hard drive out, and...
  10. Portable HDD not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable HDD not recognized: I have 2 WD portable HDD's that are not recognized by W10. I plug them into an external Tripp-Lite USB 3.0 that I added as my PC is old and only has USB 2.0 I have never had an issue like this. I used both of these 2Tb portable HDD's for a couple years with zero...