Windows 10: Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux.

Discus and support Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever i install windows in my laptop then after using it for 1 or 2 hours my wifi disconnect automatically and never connect again after that. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bhawesh Chaudhary, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux.

Whenever i install windows in my laptop then after using it for 1 or 2 hours my wifi disconnect automatically and never connect again after that. In order to connect wifi again i have to restart my pc which is very annoying. However if i transfer wifi from my android using usb tethering ethernet then it works totally fine.

In the same laptop if i use linux such as ubuntu or linux mint or any other distro then wifi never goes off.

What is the problem ? How can i fix this ?

:)

Bhawesh Chaudhary, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Honey Win User
    Strong WIFI Router or WIFI Repeater (Want Range First Floor to Ground Floor)

hi,
    im using Dlink 300mb wifi Modem(2antina), this modem wifi range is good, almost i get where i need. but problem is, Wifi gets turn off/disconnect in all Device for 3 seconds if one of wifi device use heavy downloading, every 5 minutes, its modem fault, i have another Modem which have Less wifi range but its stable and really good modem, (this is my previous thread about this problem https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...youtube-wifi-usb-adapter.226242/#post-3532040)

SO,
    my question was what should i do for Stable connection,
    Wifi Range Extender/Reciever or 3 x5db Antina MODEM,
    i cant buy Expensive Modem, as i dont know have high SPeed internet Connection, i just have 2mbps connection..
    my budget is Rs.2000/-

Current Modem Location is at First Floor, my Room is at Ground Floor.

what if i use Wifi Repeater with Stable low range Wifi modem?

please Suggest me.

Honey, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux.

Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux. [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux.

1. Wifi disconnect when i am using window but never repeat when i use linux. - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnect using

2. My wifi is disconnecting especially when using youtube.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is disconnecting especially when using youtube.: hey. i have a big problem whenever i try to watch youtube or do other heavy stuf, my internet then just suddenly disconects. i have tried multiple things without any successLike i've tried a lot of things but it still keeps happening. i don't know when this started to happen...
  3. My wifi is disconnecting especially when using youtube.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi is disconnecting especially when using youtube.: hey. i have a big problem whenever i try to watch youtube or do other heavy stuf, my internet then just suddenly disconects. i have tried multiple things without any successLike i've tried a lot of things but it still keeps happening. i don't know when this started to happen...
  4. My wifi is disconnecting especially when using youtube.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive

Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive: I've had my pc for about 3 months now and nothing i've done has been able to fix the problem. Idk if its a Windows thing or a hardware thing but at this point i'm out of optionsWhenever I use something resource intensive, like streaming video or playing video games or...
  6. Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi fails when I use it for something intensive: I've had my pc for about 3 months now and nothing i've done has been able to fix the problem. Idk if its a Windows thing or a hardware thing but at this point i'm out of optionsWhenever I use something resource intensive, like streaming video or playing video games or...
  7. BSOD when using wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using wifi: Hi, I have recently built a PC and I am having BSOD issues when downloading, streaming, etc basically anything that requires a continuous period of heavy network usage. I generally get the error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, but occasionally DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have...
  8. Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the...

Wifi Disconnecting when downloading large files and randomly disconnecting when using the...: This problem has plagued me for the past 2 weeks as I have spent hours attempting to research and solve the problem. I purchased a new gaming laptop and there have been serious internet issues. Whenever I download any large files such as a game from Steam or GTA 5 from the...
  9. When using bluetooth, wifi gets disconnected in windows 10

When using bluetooth, wifi gets disconnected in windows 10: When using bluetooth, wifi gets disconnected in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-using-bluetooth-wifi-gets-disconnected-in/574ed328-2587-4036-87e7-8167d181735e
  10. BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use: Getting a "Video_Memory_Management_Internal" BSOD when my pc is idle. I ran the BSOD tool provided by your site and have realised that instead of switching itself off when idle as per my own energy settings the PC seems to be blue screening. I only noticed by "catching the pc...